1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Apparently, they ran out of surplus ammo. I think a person could do better buying on Gunbroker. It does make me feel nearly rich!

·
Registered
24,500 Posts
They must be in California because that is just "California Dreaming"

Reactions: brojohn

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Makes me very glad I reload.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I have done business with them in the past, but probably not in the future.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Super Moderator
13,773 Posts
That's gotta be a mistake. I wonder if the people in charge of internet marketing and ads will have a job after hearing those infamous words, "Step into my office and close the door."

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
That's gotta be a mistake. I wonder if the people in charge of internet marketing and ads will have a job after hearing those infamous words, "Step into my office and close the door."
Nope. It's 2013 on steroids.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Glad I hoard.

·
21,950 Posts
This makes me wonder what happened to that lawsuit against Cheaper than Dirt.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last time I bought 9mm S&B.....I paid less than $180 for a case- 20 boxes.

Shoot!.....at these prices- I just might put about half my stash up for sale!!!
I thought about the same thing....I have over 200 rds of 380 acp 80gr PowR'Ball ammo left from when I owned a Bersa Thunder.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hmmm ... I reckon I'll drop by the small local shop and see what he's got - other than bird shot.

I'll go ahead and say the prices don't make me speechless -- they make me just a bit uneasy.

·
8,331 Posts
I am also seeing gougers listing 9mm 50 box for just over $100 per box. I hope no one buys from them, or more gougers will keep buying up any inventory and reselling for 2-500% profit. I paid $19 (including shipping) a box of 50 Armscor 124grn from palmetto when they had their short lived listing for that ammo. Bought 4 boxes,,it arrives tomorrow. Since I reload - I am not short, but always like to keep a few boxes of reference ammo around, for new guns or to compare to new loads. I am currently loading 2000 rounds for my gunstore buddy for his CZ75 race gun. FYI for you CZ guys my formula is 124 grn acme powder coat round nose, col - 1.113 (perfect plunk for that chamber), and 4.0 grns of titegroup, light to medium taper crimp. VEry accurate at 20 yards, and a nice 8-10 foot eject pattern, matching his recoil spring.

·
Banned
153 Posts
https://www.surplusammo.com/products...50-rounds.html

I read and re read this several times to make sure my eyes were not seeing things!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$54.99 for 50 rds!!!!!!

PS.....380acp ...no way!! https://www.surplusammo.com/products...50-rounds.html $99.99
best thing to do of course, is not buy it. of course, many of us here will NOT buy it.

but the panic buyers who do not know any better, most certainly will, not ever knowing the prices we paid, weeks before the pandemic created the run to the stores for guns and ammo.

i say, if the panic buyers go for this high priced ammo, they will most certainly not have the rent or mortgage payments, or other pressing bills, and very well may be forced to sell off what they have, thinking it just ain't worth losing the house.

Reactions: 357Funtime

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
My neighbor told me this morning on the way to the range that he had bought 3 boxes of Fiocchi 380 FMJ for his friend that just bought a S & W EZ and could not find ammo and he bought 3 boxes at 29.99 per box.
I was a bit surprised at that, seems really high to me but then again i haven't purchased any factory ammo in a long time.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts