Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
After suffering rounds of Alabama summers filled with heat, humidity and insects of the most tormenting sort, I always look forward to the reprieves brought by winters.

You'll never hear me fuss about the cold.
You don't live too much in it. I do.

I don't like it. But at least it's dry, and there are no roaches!

·
Registered
18,476 Posts
I get a kick out of hearing all the moaning about cold weather. As for myself, I would never live in an area that has signs saying it's a hurricane evacuation route.
If it wasn't for the work, I wouldn't care much. Most of what I do is with my hands and rarely can I wear gloves. I can deal with heat but there are times when the cold can pretty much shut me down on a lot of work. I do get a kick out of it when people will see me working outside, under a truck that's caked with tons of snow, ice and roadsalt, then ask "Why don't you just pull it inside and work on it where it's warm?" :D

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts
I get a kick out of hearing all the moaning about cold weather. As for myself, I would never live in an area that has signs saying it's a hurricane evacuation route.
Months of heat, humidity and mosquitoes that Denton describes doesn't appeal either.

·
Registered
18,476 Posts
Months of heat, humidity and mosquitoes that Denton describes doesn't appeal either.
No...:unsure:...but you can kill a mosquito....:mellow:...ever try to kill a snowflake? :blink: It's like fightin' a hydra.

Reactions: Wolf1477 and darbo

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Whether it rains,
whether it snows,
whether it's cold,
whether it's hot,
we gotta have weather,
whether or not.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
That * funny till you actually fall like that, Screwed up my knee + back for a month. :(
Absolutely! I messed up both of my shoulders on two different occasions - and both times I slipped on ice. Took forever to heal. I've mostly healed up now, but it's a big part of the reason why I don't shoot any heavy recoil long arms anymore.

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
When I lived in Bellevue, Nebraska, it was always a good time when the Air Force transferred a bunch of people from Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana to Offutt AFB in the middle of winter. You could tell them from a block away because the main street in Bellevue is dead flat and when the stop light changed, their car wouldn't even move. They'd just sit there with their tires spinning.

One thing I've learned in different chat rooms is not to complain about winter weather because just as soon as you do, a Canadian will come along and make you feel like a wimp.

·
10,379 Posts
I like the obliviot at around the 0:55 mark that decides to cross the intersection with a bus sliding down the hill.

We're having an abnormal winter so far...heck..my water pipes have only frozen once so far! 27 and snowing right now. Usually we're thinking 0 is warm this time of the year.

·
21,931 Posts
No...:unsure:...but you can kill a mosquito....:mellow:...ever try to kill a snowflake? :blink: It's like fightin' a hydra.
"A" mosquito? Right. And you deal with a nest of fire ants by killing ONE ant.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Today was the fourth time since Spring I've worn a jacket, last year we had three ice storms by now. Loving the war on winter so far.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Just think. If you lived in NJ or NY, you'd have to put up with the snow and the hurricane evacuation signs.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I figure you can sweat all summer or shovel snow all winter.

I'm a flatland Southerner from a long line of flat land Southerners. We don't know nothing about no snow.

I intend to keep it that way.

When it snows, I buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and stay home until it melts good enough for us to get back to normal. Your average snow storm around here is good for a couple days off. That causes a problem because nobody down here knows how to drive in snow except for truck drivers, carpetbaggers and transplants. I refuse to be the innocent bystander for some rubbernecker (they've got to be rubbernecking since there's no place open) that slides though a stop sign sideways (saw it happen during the blizzard of '93 on Magnolia Ave in Auburn, AL) so I keep my happy butt at the house.

I'm not shoveling, salting or plowing snow because I know that in a week or less it will be back to being in the 60's and threatening to rain.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
"When it snows, I buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and stay home until it melts good enough for us to get back to normal"

I raise cattle, sheep and goats and we can make bread....When a storm is going to hit I go to the package store for Bourbon.

and I own a few tractors to get rid of the snow.

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
What a great thread! More fun an' laughs than the funny pages in the paper.

·
Registered
18,476 Posts
It was +4 degrees, now it's -3....
l-Brrrrr.jpg
...this was NOT in my contract.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
"When it snows, I buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk and stay home until it melts good enough for us to get back to normal"

I raise cattle, sheep and goats and we can make bread....When a storm is going to hit I go to the package store for Bourbon.

and I own a few tractors to get rid of the snow.
Well, we might be out of milk and bread but I's keeps the bourbon bottle at least half way full. When it gets down to half, it's time to pick up another one. Although, I tend to like Irish whiskey better in that situation. It mixes better in coffee.

Man's got to have his priorities, don't yuh know.:p

Besides, buying a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk is the traditional method of preparing for a winter storm. You gotta do it. Even if you are lactose intolerant and on that Atkins no carb diet, you gotta buy a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread.

What, you again' tradition or something?:p

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts
17 degrees this morning, beautiful blue sky and just a very light breeze. If one is dressed for it winter can be a wondrous time.

January 2015.jpg

21 - 40 of 46 Posts