Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Since I been down in South Carolina.. I don't miss any of the New England area storms. When it snows like 2 inches down here.. everything shuts down.. the past two years.. I worked from home, remotely for 3 days in a row! Love telecommuting! :D But.. I think this year with all of the moisture from el' nino.. I think everyone is going to see big snow.. even some of the southern states.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
You mean sunburn and sand in your shoes! ;)
Well, we sold our house outside the Naples area, back in 2003. Had to go back north due to job situation. I miss winter time down there, and the horrendous thunder storms in the summer. Hurricanes sucked, Andrew really sucked, but all in all it wasn't that bad. (Snowbirds aside)

·
21,931 Posts
Coming home from dinner last night, we saw -20 on the truck's thermometer.

I've been working on the driveway for over a week, a little bit at a time. It still takes 4 wheel low to get from the street to the cabin.

I'd take this over 85 degrees and 80% humidity any day.

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts

I've been working on the driveway for over a week, a little bit at a time. It still takes 4 wheel low to get from the street to the cabin.

-20? Okay, I'm going to assume you're not talking about your place in Santa Fe. You're somewhere up there in Thule, Colorado, aren't you?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I want enough snow to build a snowman with my kids.......and pelt them with snowballs.I bought a raggedy 4wd jeep grand cherokee just in case I actually need to go somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts
Man, the older I get, the less I like winter. :(
I am fond of saying that the only good thing about getting older is that the seasons that you don't like go by a little faster.

It's been an atypical winter in No. IL so far, but there's a lot left. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I want enough snow to build a snowman with my kids.......and pelt them with snowballs.I bought a raggedy 4wd jeep grand cherokee just in case I actually need to go somewhere.
Mean dad. Someday, you won't even see them coming old man! Lol. That is what my 6'3" married son tells me now. I roll my eyes and say "whatever dude", you don't even want to open the flood gates that hold back 50+ years of having life kick you around. We laugh. ;)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Don't mind snow but that damn ice is deadly. We were in Branson MO for the Christmas shows a couple years ago when those ice storms went through all the way to Texas. Those guys don't own a single sand truck or snow plow and in that hilly area, nothing moved for a couple days. Here in ND the sanding trucks are out early and on and off all day so ice isn't a big problem, plus, we know how to drive in it.

·
Super Moderator
35,516 Posts
Don't mind snow but that damn ice is deadly. We were in Branson MO for the Christmas shows a couple years ago when those ice storms went through all the way to Texas. Those guys don't own a single sand truck or snow plow and in that hilly area, nothing moved for a couple days. Here in ND the sanding trucks are out early and on and off all day so ice isn't a big problem, plus, we know how to drive in it.

It really does come down to what a person gets used to. I laugh when we get the early November days when the temperature first drops to 40 degrees and there's a bit of a breeze. Everybody is running around complaining about the bitter cold. When those same conditions happen in January after and extended below zero period, the same folks are crowing about how nice it is outside.

Two things about winter traffic conditions however...those days of glare ice when it's too cold for the salt to work effectively and the others when there's an inch of snow per hour through the afternoon when rush hour hits and the plows are stuck in traffic also are absolute HELL.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
This is the reason 365,000 people moved to Florida in 2015, lol

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My family motto has become "Never live anywhere where there are signs saying 'Bridge Freezes Before Roadway'."

The four seasons are fine, and I enjoy viewing them on Discovery Channel. The same is true for watching TV broadcasts of football games from Green Bay and Denver.

Grew up in New England. Dug myself out of the Blizzard of '78 and could not see any logic in waiting for the "Blizzard of '__" to come next. It was 84F at the house on Christmas Day - Wonderful![

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
You mean sunburn and sand in your shoes! ;)

Looks like 2 plans have worked out well! :)

·
Registered
18,476 Posts

A few days ago, my wife was talking to a coworker in Vegas and he told her "We're gettin' some of your PA weather here, I woke up to 25 degrees (F) this morning!" She didn't have the heart to tell him the lows here had been in the 50s & 60s.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
After suffering rounds of Alabama summers filled with heat, humidity and insects of the most tormenting sort, I always look forward to the reprieves brought by winters.

You'll never hear me fuss about the cold.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts