Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Wow! That should bring in some huge bucks!

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
I'm surprised that both the guitars are not in a museum somewhere- the "Lester and Chester" display, as it were.....

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
This is what I had when I was a teen back in 1958:

I stopped playing when I joined the navy in 1964; wish I had kept up with it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
i want to know what it goes for! lol any bets on what the finally price will be?! price is right rules (closest without going over)

i say $150,001 :icon_ peace:

Creek

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
I suspect this guitar will bring well north of 1,000,000

·
8,549 Posts
In todays market collectables are trending down , even with all the newly minted millionaires - Vehicles/historical jewelry/artwork are trending up. My guess is $650,000.00.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
If the big boys like Jimmy Page, Clapton etc bid on it, no telling how high it could go.

Reactions: CreekFisher

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
The OPs article ends with the line "it’s likely to bring in far more money than most guitarists will see in a lifetime."

I'm interested in the pre-sale estimate - go to the auction house site - nada, nothing price wise there!

Took me to a LA Times article to see that "No pre-auction estimate has been set for either guitar, according to a Guernsey’s spokeswoman."

BUT FYI: "The record for the sale of an electric guitar at auction is held by the Fender Stratocaster that Bob Dylan played at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival, when Dylan famously “went electric.” It sold for $965,000 a little more than a year ago. Nearly a decade earlier, Eric Clapton's famous "Blackie" Stratocaster was auctioned for $959,000."

This COULD be a record breaker but with one of a kind there are no comps and it takes more than one horse to make a race - we'll see but $1M certainly IS possible IMHO even in the current market. Many fine art records have fallen recently...

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
This is why contestants on the Price is Right aren't allowed to carry.
Yeah that probably did deserve a well placed .45..... Sorry??

·
Registered
27,339 Posts
12,351 bitcoins

Reactions: CreekFisher
1 - 15 of 15 Posts