Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of gives me the creeps, them pointing those guns at me.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
They all look like they could be lethal ................ except for the fact that none of them have bullets in their guns! I suppose it's safer to take a picture like that, though. I really like the pistol shooters range box. It looks like it has and alligator skin cover on it!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Thats a group picture of my grade school teachers!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Super Moderator
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They all look like they could be lethal ................ except for the fact that none of them have bullets in their guns! I suppose it's safer to take a picture like that, though. I really like the pistol shooters range box. It looks like it has and alligator skin cover on it!
I used to have a box exactly like that, fake alligator and all. The were made by Pachmayr. Mine was a 4 gun. With four revolvers, ammo, scope, the thing was brutally heavy. I sold it because most ranges these days don't seem to have a bench deep enough, or the right height, to make it work. I used to get comments like "you here to shoot, or sew?".

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I used to have a box exactly like that, fake alligator and all. The were made by Pachmayr. Mine was a 4 gun. With four revolvers, ammo, scope, the thing was brutally heavy. I sold it because most ranges these days don't seem to have a bench deep enough, or the right height, to make it work. I used to get comments like "you here to shoot, or sew?".
Ha! I started a thread a couple of years ago about shooting boxes like that. When I was a kid I'd go to the range with my Dad or Grand Dad and was fascinated by those pistol boxes. Many of them were custom made, and some of them were really fancy with cabinet grade woods, inlays, and beautiful finishes. You never see them anymore, I'm sure for the very reasons you mentioned, but I've always wondered what happened to them? They are probably sitting in someone's attic or basement waiting to be thrown out by the next person that doesn't know what they they are for!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
They all look like they know what to do with those pistols!! I sure wouldn't want them shooting at me :)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
"Yes, dear, you can have whatever you want." That's what my son-in-law said when he saw the punched out target my daughter put up.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
That one on the left looks like my maternal grandmother. She was a tough old bird that grew up in the Florida Panhandle around the 1910s.....A genuine Florida "Cracker". She could out fish any man and out shoot most.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Yes dear, as always, you're absolutely right. :D

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I would not want to make any of them mad....:)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Is that my left or yours? That is a nice shooting box.
My drill instructor would have said, "your military left, maggot". Of course this was in 1968 before political correctness would have barred him from calling me such an offensive name. I am still mentally scarred from this. If I even hear the word "maggot" I drop and do 25 push-ups.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Believe it or not, the one on the left looks just like my mom. It isn't but I've seen that look in her eye before.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I built one like that except I added three drawers to it to hold ammo and small parts/tools and covered it with Black Formica, it worked well for bulls eye target shooting. My wife convinced me to sell it before we moved up here because like you mentioned it was heavy with four guns and ammo in it! Some times I wish I had kept it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts