Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twenty years ago I was in grad school and was needed some money so I had to sell off my little gun collection.
My education payed off and I was able to retire a little early.
The one gun that I miss the most was my Winchester Grand European double barrel rifle in 257 Roberts. At the time I had $2500 in the gun and sold it for the same amount.
It looks like they are going for about $3500 now. I'm going to save my nickles and dimes for the next few years and see if I can find another one.

Dawson's Doubles - Fine Guns - Shotguns - Specializing in Winchester 23's & 101's

I took a nice little buck with this rifle and if i'm lucky maybe I can do the same in a few years.

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I know how you feel.

I had a pristine Remington BDL .300 Win Mag bolt action rifle with a Monte Carlo stock and Nikon Monarch 3X9X50 scope, that I sold about eleven years ago when I was dealing with cancer and thought I'd never go hunting again.

Man...do I evermore wish I had that rifle back!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I've always thought I would like to add some of my favorite firearms (now long gone) back into my collection. I sold them for the same reasons: family, school and so forth. Maybe when I retire I will get to do the same thing you did!

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
The Indians never really understand the white man's fascination with property ownership.

They used to say, "Who can own a mountain"?

I kinda feel the same way about gun ownership, no matter how long we live, we're just their "caretakers", using and presurving them for the next generation.

Wanting one of quality is reason enough for getting it; here's hoping your dream comes to fruition! ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a pretty rifle, but I'd have to start wearing a pith helmet and talking with an aristocratic english accent if I had one. :D
The pith helmet was not very expensive, however I have to pay my gun bearer by the hour and he ain't cheap.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Seen my high school sweetheart awhile back, now she is fat and ugly! Glad I let that one go.....

Catch and Release, It could work out for you too....

At least you did own that rifle once and who knows what it may be like now.....

1.1 USA.gif

Reactions: kaiged1

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a Winchester 1894 repeating rifle known as the "Takedown" model 94 that was the best rifle I have ever shot, I traded it for a Royal Blue 2 tone 1967 Skylark with a 455 rocket and white leather interior that was also the best car I ever owned, so I thought it was a fair trade, but I still wish I hadn't traded it and spent more cash!!

oh and the Rifle was a gift from my 95 yrold great grand mother who used it to protect her general store in Pikeville, KY for 57 years, I did not know where she got it before I traded it, That old guy probably took me on the deal since that car was only worth about $3500 and I looked at a similiar rifle valued at around $7500 in the same condition.... I realize that was probably a stupid thing, but hey I was 17...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Seen my high school sweetheart awhile back, now she is fat and ugly! Glad I let that one go.....

Catch and Release, It could work out for you too....

At least you did own that rifle once and who knows what it may be like now.....

View attachment 21235
Women can't be equated to Guns... 2 totally different animals... I see your point tho, altho I wouldn't ever tell a woman you compared her to a firearm, you might get shot with one...

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Cars can get old like lady's too. But a rifle is easy to keep in good shape. There is also something special with firearms, they never go out of date. Young or old, they are fun and a thing of beauty.

Edit: corrected spelling

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wouldn't ever tell a woman you compared her to a firearm, you might get shot with one...
I was teaching my wife about firearms - my brother told me I was nuts - and that "he would never teach his wife to shoot, and he would never teach any of his girlfriends to shoot either."

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I was teaching my wife about firearms - my brother told me I was nuts - and that "he would never teach his wife to shoot, and he would never teach any of his girlfriends to shoot either."
I bought my second wife a 38 revolver, she pulled it on me one day and ordered me out of her car, I realized the error of my ways and divorced her ASAP, only downside it was a S&W and she kept it !!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I bought my second wife a 38 revolver, she pulled it on me one day and ordered me out of her car, I realized the error of my ways and divorced her ASAP, only downside it was a S&W and she kept it !!
As much as that sucks, it sounds like the S&W was a small price to pay to rid yourself of that one. :)

·
Registered
31,696 Posts
Cars can get old like lady's too. But a rifle is easy to keep in good shape. There is also something special with fireatmrms, they never go out of date. Young or old, they are fun and a thing of beauty.
and guns don't gain weight or Cellulite! or get lockjaw!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts