Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hornady Rifle
The first and only firearm ever manufactured by the Hornady Manufacturing Company, of Grand Island, will be featured as the 2015 SHOT Show rifle and made available to Hornady fans around the world via Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com.
"We don't mean to alarm our friends at Remington, Winchester or Ruger. Hornady has no plans of going into the gun business," commented Hornady President, Steve Hornady in announcing the gun. "The concept of creating a one-of-a-kind Hornady rifle has been percolating for several years and we are excited to make "The Hornady Number One" a reality for 2015-- especially since the gun has been selected as the 2015 SHOT Show Rifle."
The Hornady Number One is a bolt action in .300 RCM caliber with serial number H-001. The gun may be viewed at GunBroker.com at FIRST-EVER HORNADY RIFLE : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com
The SHOT Show auction is administered by the Hunting Heritage Trust for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). All proceeds from the auction will benefit programs to further America's hunting and shooting sports heritage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.300_Ruger_Compact_Magnum

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. I was shocked when I saw the bid price. I thought maybe a couple thousand.
But it is the only one in existence.
Somebody is going to end up paying a bunch for it.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
That is one expensive safe queen. How high do you think it will go? I'm guessing $26,00 - $27,000 range.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
And then you will have Hornady H-001. I already have a Henry H001. I paid less than $18,000. for it....

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Betcha it shoots best with Remington ammo.:p

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
While it is beautiful and an exercise in craftsman ship they are out of their freaking mind with what they hope to bring for it.Guess it shows a poor man will always be a poor man at heart.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
It's a beauty. I'll take two...

·
Registered
17,179 Posts
They will sell that one for $20,000+ and then produce 2,000,000 more and sell them at Cabelas for $349.95.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,181 Posts
That would be funny a gun that cost more than the truck!!
That has happened more than once, in my lifetime.

Priorities

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
22,836 Posts
That. Thing. Is. Gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Oh hell yah! I'll just write a check.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts