Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been hemming and hawing, trying to find that special "50th birthday gun". Looking at Berrettas, Taurus', Springfields, etc.
Went back to my local gun shop, not the one that was such a jerk to me, but the nice people I've bought several guns from to see what they had again. They had a used Sig232 that they apparently had way too much money into and we could not come to an accord. So I went with my second choice: 1976 S&W 64-1 38spl Polished Stainless Steel, 4in bull barrel in like new condition. Pinned barrel, spring loaded pin on the hammer. Everything I like. It even had Pachmayr gripper professionals on it!
I got what I feel is a good deal, about $250 less than the market price of a new one which ain't half the gun if you ask me!
So there you have it.
Can't wait to shoot it next week!

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
If you want to come to an accord or compromise, go to a Frenchman.....

Love the model 64, always thought it was a great gun. Something must be wrong with your post, though, because there are no pictures and I KNOW you didn't make this post with no pictures......

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that any better?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AAAAAARGH! I can't upload the picture I have here, it's too big!
I'll have to take some more later.
My Apologies.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, how about this?

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
THAT is a beautiful model 64......I love the sleek lines of the K line. I wish I still had my model 65......

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Beautiful Smith, JKwas. Have you had an opportunity for any range time yet? Happy Birthday too. Mine is in April and I really should get myself something new also. :p Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. My birthday is in April too, so it's an early present. No, no range time yet, but this saturday I'll get to shoot it and see what it does. Range report to come!

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
I couldn't stand it......I tried to put your mod 64 out of my mind, I kept thinking about my old model 65 that looks identical to the 64......I went to a gun dealer in Plano and lo and behold, there in the used gun case, between THREE model 64's by the way, was a model 65 with rubber hogue grips. I looked it over and it's in GREAT shape. The price was right, and I jumped on it. It's on layaway, I'll have it in 2 weeks or so. I'll post pics when I do.......

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations! Now we need someone else to step up and buy one and we'll have something!
Everyone needs at least one in their collection.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice looking gun... I'd hate to meet it in a darkened alley though.

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
If I find another model 65, I may buy it and do the matched pair thing.....I really have no interest to have a matched pair of pistols, but for some reason having matched revolvers is very appealing....maybe because of my love for cowboy movies, who knows.....

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought about taking both my model 64 and model 10 to the range and shooting them at the same time, one in each hand, but they would probably throw me out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts