Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I might have mentioned 1 or 2 or 12 times that I am in the middle of buying a M67 .357 mag 4" barrel blued.

I want to play with it, but my intentions were to have my wife slowly take it to keep in her purse.

BUT....the more I think about it, a snubbie would probably be way better than a 4" barrel for a purse gun.

My thinking is that it would be less likely to snag anything in her purse, and in a self defense scenario, she will be defending'
against somebody 15 foot or less away, so I'm not thinking any "long range" accuracy will matter.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But....but....but...she might end up with both and I will have neither! :eek:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sorry Scout... I say let her decide. Go buy your own! Lol

Creek

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Figger it this way.

You have as much business picking a gun for a woman as you do choosing her shoes. Is that a road you really want to go down?

She's going to be the one that's gonna be shooting and toting it, just like she'd be the one wearing and walking in those shoes. She's a grown woman with a mind of her own, so let her do all the thinking and deciding. If you expect her to actually carry it and shoot it enough to become proficient with it, then it needs to be something she's comfortable and confident with. Giving guidance is fine if you have more knowledge on the subject at hand but the decision needs to be hers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tell her how it's gonna be! You're the man!!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
So sorry about your bad luck...Keep Momma happy..:D

·
Administrator
39,731 Posts
I agree with letting her decide. Choosing for her is risky, in that she might end up not carrying at all. Let it be her choice, she knows her purse, and own preferences better than you.:D

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
I also strongly suggest you let her do the deciding

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will have to let her shoot them. I bought an m85 for the wife. Too small. She liked the glock 42 in the store, but didn't like to shoot it. Too small. I gave up. She can pick out the next one. I'm thinking a med. frame 9mm would work. It worked out for me because now I have the 85 and 42 and like them both. Come to think of it, maybe I should buy a 9 that she (I) would like and hope for the same result. haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts