Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to do this all the time when I was going to school, and it's a great idea for the summer wear crowd. I had a satchel which I kept my books in but in the inner most flap was my Glock 30 and two extra mags. Going to draw was just a reach into the sacthel like a into a hip holster that easy. Now I see that blackhawck is offering the same thing for way more than what I paid for my manpurse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am starting the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg in January and my wife is trying to convince me I need a murse. I don't know if I can pull that look off though, LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased a Fatboy VersiPack form Maxpedition that I like very much.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=4&idproduct=31

Just the right size to carry my Glock 23 in. Can open the main compartment without exposing your weapon.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just looked this pack up on midwayusa.com and with the dealer discount it is $55.55; I am definitely going to pick it up as I have been looking for a new pack as mine is well worn (it was a $10 buy from cheaperthandirt).

·
Registered
15 Posts
A full size Glock would be a tight fit. My SW1911 will not work. Check the Maxpedition website they offer larger bags. I believe the Jumbo Versipack is the next size up.

This Guy gives a good review of the Jumbo Versipack

http://youtube.com/watch?v=So5iQoQQswg

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wow, that guy is really excited about this product and seems hyped up in general; however that was a pretty good review I must say. I may have to go with the jumbo size.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They make a good product however the idea of ccw is to remain unobtrusive. Packs like those and fanny paks are a dead giveaway. The black version however would blend in a little better.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That guy looks like he is ready for Armageddon! Would never think he was packing by the looks of him.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Actually I have traveled with a man purse for some time now rather inconspicuously I must say. Nobody I work with has a clue and I am in a business with some anti-gun-ites. I always use it for all my personal stuff and paperwork and, of course, I pull off the look (ha!).

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But What does your man purse look like? Is it black, camoflage, or khaki? And the other question is it something that someone would normally carry? If it does it's blending in, If it says blackhawk custom tactical on it you may draw unwanted attention. Sometimes if your in a bad neighborhood, a pack like that may be a good thing but in the office you may come across as someone who has seen Red Dawn too many times.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mine says "Max Factor" or "Chanel"; I might carry the "Coach" man-purse if I'm headed to a snazzy restaurant.. oh, and it's pink! :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mr Glock,

Your really starting to scare me now !! :D

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Wow...that is cool ...MM40
I have never seen such a creation.....looks kinda bulky
Are those things comfortable?

Mine says "Max Factor" or "Chanel"; I might carry the "Coach" man-purse if I'm headed to a snazzy restaurant.. oh, and it's pink!
Dang... :eek: you are scaring me too MR.G..
That takes the meaning"accessorize" to a whole new level..
Coach????...$$$$$$$ MR.G... :D :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts