Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have have been studying WW1 era. I ran across the made for TV movie The Lost Battalion by A&E on youtube. I enjoyed and I also enjoyed learning and researching Major Charles White Whittlesey. If you have an intrest in such matters and have the time it is worth watching.

If you have seen it before, what did you think?

Thanks to all of you who have served in all of our conflicts. I will teach my children about your sacrifice.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Is that the movie that starred Ricky Schroder? If so, I have seen it and it was very good.

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
The American Civil War is often touted as a prime example of technology exceeding tatctics.

I'll argue that stupidity continued by the general staff through WWI.

Frontal assaults from the trenches, charging down mulitple interlocking firing machine guns, was a stupid waste of life.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
My best friends Great great grandfather was one of the survives. He never knew until the A&E special came out and his relative was mentioned and he contacted his family and confirmed it to be true. I had saw the movie and thought it was vary good. And mentioned it to my friend and he said His relative was a surviver. Which I though was amazing. What they had to go through.

Reactions: CNCSC
1 - 4 of 4 Posts