Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new M85 to the range today intending to run 100 rounds through it, stuff happened. Had about 40 though it when something fell onto my strong hand, wasn't wearing my reading glasses so I really couldn't tell what it was. I placed it on the bench and opened the cylinder, dumped the empties and loaded 5 more. Couldn't close the cylinder, strange. It then dawned on me what I had placed on the bench, so glad I hadn't pitched it. Not having reading glasses or a screwdriver my day was done. Took everything home, bought a small bottle of blue LocTite on the way, a little dab and a good screwdriver and all is well again. The little gun is a very good shooter.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
You might want to consider a cheap ($3 or so) pair of reading glasses.
Just include it with the stuff you take with you when you go shooting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have probably five pair laying around the house. I'll have to put a pair in the range bag next time I go.

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
Well, that's why I have bifocals. :laugh:

Yeah, that screw can be a hassle. When I bought my 3" 66 at a gun show, it had a very loose cylinder crane and didn't time right. I got it for 180 bucks knowing I could send it back to Taurus worst come to worst. I pulled the side plate, was fairly clean and lubed inside, but I realized that the crane screw was in the wrong hole when I'd pulled the side plate off. Put it back together right and all was well with the world. :D Someone had unknowingly not put the screw back in the right hole.

Loctite is wonderful stuff. I lost the screw, recently, that holds the ejector on my Heritage, a single action .22 revolver. I was riding down the sendero on my place on my ATV with the gun holstered in a slide holster and felt something go "plink" on the fender. Didn't think much of it until I got back and the ejector housing was missing. I went back on the sendero where it'd happened, short grass fortunately, and found everything, but the little screw. I contacted Heritage and they sent me that screw free of charge, and I loctited it and haven't had a problem with it, since.

I'm glad that happened on my Heritage, not a Taurus, even though Taurus owns Heritage. Taurus won't send parts, probably wouldn't even send a screw. :rolleyes: That's the thing that irritates me about Taurus.

Reactions: rwl1911 and Lomax
1 - 4 of 4 Posts