Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty observant looking around at all the things going on, but sometimes i feel like i'm just being paranoid. anyone else felt this way?

·
Registered
306 Posts
A little paranoia is not a bad thing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
As a civilian I've been jumped, run over, knives and gun pulled on me. It's a dangerous world. If it gets in the way of living life free from fear then your carrying to much past/fear. If it's just always being on guard while you live life then you are awake and not a zombie.

·
Registered
855 Posts
There's nothing wrong with being aware of your surroundings, but paranoia will cause you to lose sleep at night.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Always be aware of your surroundings.....paranoid, no, why should I be paranoid, I carry a gun.

Reactions: here2serve

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Jeff Cooper talks repeatedly about 'condition yellow' and the ability to stay there indefinitely. I think it's important, especially for CHL or CHP holders, to stay vigilant and ready for the worst.

Reactions: here2serve

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Better a little paranoid than be a deer in the headlights. Be alert the world needs more lerts.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I had an old lady run towards me in a parking lot the other day, I stopped and took in the situation. I then realized she was waving at her husband in there car a few rows over, she could have been a zombie!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As a civilian I've been jumped, run over, knives and gun pulled on me. It's a dangerous world. If it gets in the way of living life free from fear then your carrying to much past/fear. If it's just always being on guard while you live life then you are awake and not a zombie.
I think its where i live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone. its not uncommon to see someone walking trough town with a rifle or shotgun on their shoulder and no one give a thought about it. yeah theres bad stuff that happens but its amungst the druggies. there has never been just a "random" attack.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
I think its where i live in a small town, where everyone knows everyone. its not uncommon to see someone walking trough town with a rifle or shotgun on their shoulder and no one give a thought about it. yeah theres bad stuff that happens but its amungst the druggies. there has never been just a "random" attack.
There has never been just a "random" attack .......................... YET! :D

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
To play off the movie...... I see bad people!
Have you ever gone to a sporting event or concert and wonder; How many murderers and rapists are among you?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I like the "Cooper Color Codes" link given by Texastaurus guy. Never have I seen that before.
One thing I do, especially when I see a "potential" threat, I let them "see" me watching them. If my gun is in my coat pocket-then my hand is on it, if on the belt- then I put my hand on it to adjust it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Nevered heard a paraniod person say, "I didn't see it coming."

·
Registered
3 Posts
JBTTY, You are lucky our Police usually arrive by the little hand and have to wait for back-up. My back-up is an extra mag.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To play off the movie...... I see bad people!
Have you ever gone to a sporting event or concert and wonder; How many murderers and rapists are among you?
well yeah, i just find i don't need to be as observant in my hometown than i do if i'm going to lexington or some other part of the state. guess thats sorta duh. don't find myself nervous driving around and i get lost some place i don't know if i have my gun on me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts