Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by yesterday to check on a repair and the place was mobbed. As soon as most transactions were completed, I asked to see a nice little pistol that was covering the manual and had the tag flipped over.
The gentleman handed me a really nice condition blued Browning BDA in .380 with an extra 13 round magazine that he had bought from an estate. It doesn't appear to have been shot much and has a couple of small repairable scratches on the wooden grips. The bluing is almost perfect. I didn't know too much about it so I went online and found the asking price was about half the going rate. Needless to say, I went back today and got an even better deal from one of the owners. I'll pick it up next Tuesday. I may flip it but not before a safety and range test. These phone photos don't do it justice.
IMG_0402.jpg IMG_0403.jpg

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Not a bad looking gun!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
And the price is.....................

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Administrator
18,191 Posts
Congratulations on the Browning BDA .380! :cool:

Used to have one and it was very accurate and reliable. Sold mine off due to a layoff and I decided that some of my small 9mm Pistols would fill the bill better for CCW.
It's an excellent Pistol for the Recoil Sensitive.

Browning BDA .380 and Interarms U.S. Made Walther PPK/S .380

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Very nice find, Willboat! ;)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
NICE!,As I think, I recall that BDA was made by Beretta.I can't remember or see all the writing on the slide.My brother had a Beretta that looked just like that.mdl 84? and the Taurus model as well?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NICE!,As I think, I recall that BDA was made by Beretta.I can't remember or see all the writing on the slide.My brother had a Beretta that looked just like that.mdl 84? and the Taurus model as well?
Yes, this one was made by Beretta in Italy. The 84 has a frame mounted safety and the Browning is slide mounted. The 84 has an open slide. This one is just about the same size as my Bersa Thunder 380 but with 6 more rounds and a thicker (great grip) body. The rounded back-strap should make it easier to conceal IWB. I'm really looking forward to getting it home.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts