Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched The King's Speech last night with my wife, and it was a pretty good movie. I guess it won a bunch of awards last year, including an Oscar or two. Have any of you seen it? If not, it is a worthwhile watch. It portrays a man who had great misgivings and issues, but did what he had to do for the good of his country.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I saw it when it came out. I highly recommended it.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Great movie!!! Another great movie is "The Help." I'd recommed reading the book first, though. "The Help" is a lot like "To Kill a Mockingbird," in that it examines long held traditions and their value to society.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great movie!!! Another great movie is "The Help." I'd recommed reading the book first, though. "The Help" is a lot like "To Kill a Mockingbird," in that it examines long held traditions and their value to society.
You won't believe this, but my wife rented that one too! We will be watching it in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
My wife dragged me to that movie. Damn if i didn't like it! :D

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
My wife loves the movie. It was ok, I guess.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I saw it and enjoyed it and found it a worth while movie to watch.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thank you for the tip!

I'll have to break down and watch that movie with my wife. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Saw that and The Help, liked um both.

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
We saw it at the movies when it came out (and we go to relatively few movies). As a history aficionado I really enjoyed the movie suject and the excellent acting and scenes were excellent icing on the cake.

My wife read "The Help" and wants to see the film. I am also interested in it and will Netflix it soon. I also really wanted to see Redtails as I am a big Cuba Gooding fan, but the reviews turned me off a bit on that one. May rent it however.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts