Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no experience with either, but a gentleman at the range today, says he has a friend that uses Taurus stellar clips in his Judge for .45 ACP. Lots of chamber there for the .45 ACP. Anybody heard of such a thing? Robby? 8)

Registered
I'd be a bit apprehensive about firing a short, stubby .45 ACP in the l-o-n-g cylinder of the Judge. I'll just load it out of my own curiosity. I have some 45 Auto Rim laying around so I won't need the clips.

Super Moderator
Nope, not enough space unless it were modified, at least in an N frame, and I'd think the same for any DA revolver. I'd think the accuracy would be awful, anyway. The bullet would be jumping 3 feet to the rifling. Bad enough free bore in .45 Colt. I got no use for .45ACP in a .45 Colt revolver. I handload just as cheap in .45 Colt brass. The price of a moon clip conversion could be better spent on a Lee Anniversary reloading kit. That way, you'd save money on ALL calibers.

Premium Member
Gee, my only thought would be WHY? Could it be cheaper, but you would sure be doing a lot of cylinder cleaning, especially if you want to go back to 45 colt. The jump would be close to 4 inches in a smooth bore cylinder. It is not bad from a standard JUDGE, accuracy wise, but not having ever done that it would seem to be not accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts