Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18,484 Posts
You're spot on.. the specific name is 'plastic outer part'.. ;)
Yep...:unsure:...no matter where ya' go, no matter what you're doin'...:rolleyes:...there's always that one guy......:D

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
It is called a hull and it comes in other colors in addition to red.

Don

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Far be it for me to cast any aspersions on your, collective, choice of revolver but I have to say I have never in my 69 years seen such an ugly gun..!! Maybe it's because of the cylinder length, I don't know, but I just find it so odd to look at.. on an aesthetic scale of 1 to 10.. er how about 1.5..!!

Sorry guys. I doubt they would fare well in GB, if they were allowed..

EDIT: I have now donned a suitable flak vest and Kevlar helmet to deflect all the 'incoming' I expect shortly..;)
So ugly only an American could love it. :wave: :icon_ nana:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yet another example of two countries divided by a common language.. you call 'em hulls. We refer to them as cartridges or 'carts'. You salk about a "12 gauge", we talk about a "12 bore" (yet still write it down as "12g".. go figure!! None of our 'sporting' rifles have 'clips'.. they all have (where necessary) magazines. The only time a clip is referred to is regarding military rifles which load via a stripper clip. Moderators are called 'mods' or 'cans'. (Ear defenders are also called 'cans'.)

I'll have to put together a GB / US sporting thesaurus..:cool:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Far be it for me to cast any aspersions on your, collective, choice of revolver but I have to say I have never in my 69 years seen such an ugly gun..!! Maybe it's because of the cylinder length, I don't know, but I just find it so odd to look at.. on an aesthetic scale of 1 to 10.. er how about 1.5..!!

Sorry guys. I doubt they would fare well in GB, if they were allowed..

EDIT: I have now donned a suitable flak vest and Kevlar helmet to deflect all the 'incoming' I expect shortly..;)
I hope you brought eye protection, because you're about to witness what a truly ugly revolver looks like, the revolver which will henceforth become your new benchmark for ugly revolvers...

Witness the pure aesthetic abomination that is the LeMat Centerfire Grapshot Revolver!

Ironically, the LeMat Revolver was basically the 1800's equivalent of the Taurus Judge, albeit unlike the Judge, the LeMat Revolver wasn't chambered in .45 Long Colt/.410 Bore Shotshells, but rather .40cal with a secondary 20 Gauge Barrel. Originally it was a percussion cap revolver, but it was later chambered for metallic cartridges, which is the variant pictured.

Suddenly, the Judge doesn't quite so bad, does it?

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
I hope you brought eye protection, because you're about to witness what a truly ugly revolver looks like, the revolver which will henceforth become your new benchmark for ugly revolvers...

Witness the pure aesthetic abomination that is the LeMat Centerfire Grapshot Revolver!

Ironically, the LeMat Revolver was basically the 1800's equivalent of the Taurus Judge, albeit unlike the Judge, the LeMat Revolver wasn't chambered in .45 Long Colt/.410 Bore Shotshells, but rather .40cal with a secondary 20 Gauge Barrel. Originally it was a percussion cap revolver, but it was later chambered for metallic cartridges, which is the variant pictured.

I'm don't have an expert opinion like a moderator does, but I'm thinking you've got good grounds for a new thread "ugliest revolver pictures". Personally, however, I don't think this one is ugly, but just interesting.

·
Registered
18,484 Posts
My Judge Mag...........

Attachments

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
995 Posts

Oh that's sooooo bad...!! Although from New Orleans I'm sure M LeMat had French ancestry, hence the non-aesthetics of this pistol. I would like to see the forerunner of this, the 'mother gun'.. as only a mother could love this one..!!

Up to seeing the Judge it was my belief that a Webley Mk IV was an ugly gun.. I stand corrected.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts