Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know when they're coming out but even after their release it'll be awhile before you can get your hands on one. I noticed before they anounced it it was hard to find the 2 1/2 chamber, now that they anounced the new 3'' I've been seeing more of the old ones. it would seam that the people that want one, like myself, are waiting for the 3'' chamber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 3" Magnum is out to distributors. They (Per Taurus) have shipped to at least two distributors already. Ellett is the one I am getting my 6-1/2" from in blued barrel. They don't have any SS yet. I should have it this week since the distributor has it already and I ordered it last Monday.

THE ABOVE IS COMPLETELY WRONG. I just got off the phone with Taurus, and the information they gave last Monday is wrong! They are not even shipping the three inch magnum until later this year. BOTH Taurus and the distributor Ellett Brothers verified to me the three inch chamber model has been distributed and is available for me to purchase. So wrong, as per Taurus today, a week later. So they made me go through all the ordering, downpayment, excitement, etc. for naught.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can someone please clarify...

Will "The Judge" with a 3" barrel and 3" chamber be available later this year (per Taurus)?

That's really the only one I'm interested in right now.

·
Super Moderator
35,680 Posts
Oh, well, I ain't real worried about it. My TC shoots 3". :D I rolled a rabbit at between 15 and 20 yards with it the other day, first rabbit on the run I've ever shot with a handgun. Not sure it could be done with any other handgun, not by me, that's for sure!

The 3" would be desirable in the Judge for those 5 ball 000 loads the 3" holds for home defense. I'm not quite sure why they didn't come out with a 3" gun FIRST, tell ya the truth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, it sounds like you are quite capable with the options that exist currently. I don't know, maybe Taurus thought the large cylinder would scare people off. I won't buy one until the 3" becomes available, if it ever does.

Peace.

·
Super Moderator
35,680 Posts
Um, if that was a post to me, I don't own a judge. I was speaking of my Contender with the .410 barrel. It has a choke, patterns out to 25 yards. The judge is lucky to make 10 feet, but that's all it's intended for. It's not a hunting gun, it's a defense gun for short range using buck loads. It really NEEDS a 3" chamber to get those five ball 000 loads for it. I really don't quite understand why they didn't introduce a 3" gun in the first place.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I asked my local dealer the same question a couple of weeks ago. He said he asked about it at the Taurus booth in the Vegas Shot Show. They told him the 3" shotshell magnum version would not ship until at least August. I guess we have more waiting to do . . .

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
This is one that a lot of people are coveting. Let's hope Taurus manufactures and releases them in abundance whenever the time comes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.