Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to this web site...

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/notice

...since before they activated the buttons. They were supposed to have a site where us lucky folks who don't get refunds could put in our direct deposit information. The day they activated the buttons, I was right in there pounding away. Unfortunately, it always told me it couldn't identify my eligibility.

FINALLY today, it recognized me and I was able to put in my direct deposit information. Maybe I'll actually get stimulated after all!

If you've been trying, maybe it is worth a try to do it again. It worked for me (at least it seems like it did).

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had the same experience this morning too. I was afraid I was in a black hole so to speak; new to SSA, filed 2018 but not 2019 (yet), etc. etc. I was up early this morning and decided to hit the website and rather than "no clue check back later" I got the "hey give us more information so we can stimulate you". Does this qualify as second base? ;)

·
Registered
18,472 Posts
Still gettin' the same result I always get from the gov't...:dry:...I'm not who I am, that's not my SSN, I wasn't born on that date and I don't live at that address.

Reactions: mwj999

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
Still gettin' the same result I always get from the gov't...:dry:...I'm not who I am, that's not my SSN, I wasn't born on that date and I don't live at that address.
Oh, they told you, huh? :huh: We were gonna keep quiet, kinda hoping you wouldn't find out. So, did they tell you who you really are and where you really live?

·
Registered
18,472 Posts
Oh, they told you, huh? :huh: We were gonna keep quiet, kinda hoping you wouldn't find out. So, did they tell you who you really are and where you really live?
No...:dunno:...I don't match their records...:unsure:...which I suppose makes sense since I never recorded an album.

Reactions: Dennis2477

·
Administrator
35,111 Posts
Yep, my wife told me today that it finally worked and she got our information into their system. She's been trying for 2 weeks to get the phone system to work. Finally did.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
So what do you do if you DID file last year, DID get a refund that was direct deposited, and still haven't received a stimulus check? I can't find any way of finding out what the problem is. You go to getmycheck site, all it tells you is what it COULD be why you haven't gotten the money yet, several different reasons and none of them apply to me. You supposedly can't use the link to update information if you DID file last year or this year.

·
17,567 Posts
I read somewhere they are sending out the checks in "AGI order", from lowest AGI to highest. So those with up to $10,000 AGI go first, then up to $20,000....etc. That's actually a great way to do it.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Just checked in again today, says "Status not Available" again. None of the possible excuses for this message apply to me or my wife, and no way of finding out what the problem is.

·
Registered
18,472 Posts
All of the money that's supposed to go out to Americans is being funneled into pelosi's and schumer's pockets, that's what the problem is.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

Owe them money and they'll have that crap cleaned up in a hurry! Trust me.

·
Registered
18,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I filed four different application for aid. Two weeks now and not a word or a penny. Total failure in our system.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I provided them with my bank info for auto deposit two days ago.
Now it says my check will be mailed on May 15.
Are the stupid numbnuts too stupid to do an auto deposit? Typical of anything run by the government.

Hey, it could be worse. At least you're getting it in some form. Some people can't even enter direct deposit info, not allowed, not when you get "status not available". I wonder if they thought that I should send them money if instead of doing that I could just answer them with "status not available." :rolleyes:

I also wonder how many other people who are eligible are still getting that message, as of the middle of May?

·
Registered
18,472 Posts
Hey, it could be worse. At least you're getting it in some form. Some people can't even enter direct deposit info, not allowed, not when you get "status not available". I wonder if they thought that I should send them money if instead of doing that I could just answer them with "status not available." :rolleyes:

I also wonder how many other people who are eligible are still getting that message, as of the middle of May?
I'd been trying every day for weeks and all I got was "your information does not match our records" or "status not available" and I finally just gave up. I assumed the obvious, that pelosi had gotten ahold of it and spent it on ice cream but lo and behold, my wife and I got the check on Saturday. Still, I'm hoping the power goes out and piglosi drowns in a puddle of Häagen Dazs. None of us are getting the money because of her, we're getting it in spite of her.

·
Super Moderator
19,616 Posts
Are you guys referencing the main SSA website? When I went on disability 5 years ago I signed up for an online SSA account. I was able to see my annual SS tax and the figures for taxable income dating back to 1976 when I had my first job WITH a SS number. I had started work as a short order fry cook back at age 13 (in '73) but didn't have a SSN then. In '75 I worked for a year as a bag boy/cashier/shelf stocker at a local supermarket but in '76 I got my SSN and I moved to EMS dispatcher/after hours ER and hospital admission clerk.

Anyway, it was impressive to see my taxable work history dating back to '76 as even I don't keep records of that age and magnitude. Oh, and the wife and I presumed we would have to have direct deposit of the stimulus (since we didn't get a check right away and our CPA told us we may have to sign up online) but that turned out to be incorrect. We got our check in the mail last week.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Are you guys referencing the main SSA website?
IDK about others, but I was referring to the IRS website called "Get my payment". At that website there is a link to another website to enter your information if you haven't filed a return in the last two years, but I can't use it because I did file in the last two years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts