Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have quit smoking cigars and drinking Dew. This morning I had to pick up a few things at the store and did it sort of on autopilot. Got home and unpacked the bag and discovered I had also picked up a Dew and a pack of cigars. I honestly do not remember getting these!!?? I feel stoned right now, dang!

Sarge

Reactions: whodog

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
That unconscious, addicted mind will do anything to make you supply the things that it wants. It's either that or the cashier sneaked them in there. :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tobacco was easier than the Dew. The muscle crawling craving feeling lasted about 4-5 hours for the cigars but almost all day for the Dew. The Dew caused headaches for a few days tho. Now the dang stuff is giving me a headache from drinking it.

Sarge

·
5,686 Posts
I know the feeling Sarge, came home from the grocery store with ALL kinds of stuff I swore off so I could trim down a bit. I have NO idea how that stuff got in my buggy!

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Wasn't me! But I do enjoy putting things in other peoples carts when they are not looking.... Especially if it is something embarassing....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Three problems with continuing on with them. Actually 4.

1. If I keep smoking cigars the wife won't stop smoking and she is sick all the time as it is.
2. $$$ Not cheap!
3. The Dew was causing me to become more rotund than I am already.
4. The smoking kills your taste buds (for up to 2 hours after each smoke) and I sort of use those.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You know the old joke.... "Quitting smoking is easy! I've done it twenty times!"

Well, that was me until 20 years ago, when I finally kicked them for good. (I think....)

Wednesday we're having a pizza party to celebrate my wife having been cigarette-free for a year! She took a tad longer to quit than I did! Still, Atta-girl !!!

Reactions: whodog and Sarge

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Wednesday we're having a pizza party to celebrate my wife having been cigarette-free for a year! She took a tad longer to quit than I did! Still, Atta-girl !!!
Congratulations to your wife! That is quite an accomplishment and most probably the hardest thing she will ever do. As the thread states, one always has to be on guard for those sudden urges (even the one's you're not aware of).

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
My wife has been trying to quit for a long time she lost her Mother and 52 year old Brother to cancer within a year.

On the original post I had went to the store like four times in one day. Old timers decease I guess but every time I bought 2 packs of cigs for the wife and I never remember doing it.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I quit tobacco six years ago cold turkey, I was ready at the time and haven't had any since, I would reach for a smoke here and there out of habit for a few month's and have to tell myself that I quit permanent not one here and there. I would rather give up a pistol now than take a puff but that ain't gonna happen. Keep strong!

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I bought some 12 year-old Irish and Scotch just before going to the hospital for a major op. After I got home I tried the Irish. It didn't taste good at all. Now I'm on the wagon til I get enough nerve to try either of them again.
Bad habits die hard.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I bought some 12 year-old Irish and Scotch just before going to the hospital for a major op. After I got home I tried the Irish. It didn't taste good at all. Now I'm on the wagon til I get enough nerve to try either of them again.
Bad habits die hard.
I'm willing to bet it's the absence of pete smoke in the Irish whiskey that made you not like it. Those smoky undertones in Scotch make it special.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts