Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I left Washington I followed the exploits of Gardner Minshew as he led the perennial cellar-dwelling Washington State Cougars to prominence on the national stage. Many of you, especially you Texans, will remember Coach Mike Leach and how he kept the Red Raiders in the national spotlight. After serving his penance he was hired to coach the Cougars and began rebuilding. This story is essentially a Cliff's Notes version of what transpired over the course of about a year and a half at Pullman. Gardner was thrust into the spotlight when the starter committed suicide, and he pretty much led the team out of mourning. I believe his place in the draft might ultimately be compared to Dan Marino, who was drafted 28th in 1983 behind John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien.

Fear the 'stache.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/9/13/20862478/gardner-minshew-jacksonville-jaguars-qb-mustache

Reactions: jspdrcrmach5

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But he brought them back with a chance to tie. Coaches choice to go for 2 instead of the tie, then not making it. This game he was 22 for 33 for 213 yards and one TD. Also had six carries for 56 yards.

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thursday night, vs Titans: 20/30, 204 w/2 TDs, 4 carries, 18 yds.

Just sayin'...

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
At first glance I thought this was a Sid Finch story. (Old timers will know)

·
Registered
4,424 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
But he brought them back with a chance to tie. Coaches choice to go for 2 instead of the tie, then not making it. This game he was 22 for 33 for 213 yards and one TD. Also had six carries for 56 yards.
Some will disagree, but I think going for two was the right call. Ride the momentum, show some confidence; the team hadn't had a stellar night and OT wasn't a good bet.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
27/39, 295, 3 TD, 1 INT. Look out Nick Foles.

Maybe Philly will take him back. Carson Wentz certainly was no ball of fire.

·
Registered
151 Posts
27/39, 295, 3 TD, 1 INT. Look out Nick Foles.

Maybe Philly will take him back. Carson Wentz certainly was no ball of fire.
Carson Wentz is just fine and led the Eagles to clinch the NFC East last night. The Eagles had the best problem in the NFL... two outstanding quarterbacks, Foles and Wentz. BTW.... When's the last time a Florida team won the Super Bowl??

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Won't happen any time soon, with "Winchester Winston" (old 30-30, TDs and INTs) in Tampa and dysfunction junction in Miami.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts