Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I truly hope that this is a good thing:

Freedom Group Dumps Nardelli, Brings In New CEO

George Kollitides has been appointed acting CEO and executive chairman of the board for Freedom Group, Inc. Kollitides, an avid hunter, shooter and firearms enthusiast, sits on three NRA Committees, is a trustee of NRA Foundation and is a director of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association. He is a past director of the Safari Club International Connecticut Chapter. Kollitides was previously a managing director of Cerberus Capital Management. Kollitides said, "I am ecstatic to join the Freedom Group team, where we have the greatest employees and a 200-year history of 100 percent American made."

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
I wonder if this spells good things for the subsidiaries under Freedom Group, or are brands going to be consolidated into a handful of names. It would be nice to see a rollback in prices to make their weapons a little more affordable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been lurking here for a bit and when I saw this thread I just had to chime in.

I've met Kollitides briefly on two occasions (SHOT) and, FWIW, I go a good read off him. He talks like a gun guy AND a business guy. He said he want's to make quality control in all susidiaries a top priority and he's lookin to modernize where ever possible.

Yes, Nardelli was a self-serving oppotunist. Kinda reminds me of a mini Carl Icahn wanna be from back in the day.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Nardelli is a @#$%!
What he said! I first heard of TFG when the ACR came out,... and amid much excitement it turned to a feeling of basically going on a date with a beautiful woman and discovering she has a wack job sister who lives with her, when I heard the price of the ACR enhanced and the fact it was a 3k dollar gun at the time that had a 1:9 non chrome lined barrel :/ .... Not sure of the specs of it now as I dumped what interest I had in the ACR at that point and never looked back. What I heard of TFG at the time wasn't exactly flattering, so yeah I'll say this is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts