Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are many areas of interest and entertainment here at TaurusArmed.net and one of my favorites is the Firearms forum, or classified section, where members and staff list firearms and firearms-related items for sale or trade.

I am so very pleased with my most recent acquisition from a fellow member, that I decided to share with our vast TA.net family the benefits of participating in the Firearms forum.

One of the threads running in the Firearms forum is the Pay-It-Forward thread where folks are literally giving stuff away! That's right, I said giving stuff away! A member lists an item that they no longer use or need, and whomever sends them a PM (personal message) indicating "I'll take it" gets to claim the prize. The only stipulation is that the person on the receiving end of the deal will then be expected to look around in their range bag, holster box, or pocket knife drawer and come up with something to offer up as a "Pay-It-Forward" gift. The cycle repeats itself over and over, and a perpetual state of giving and receiving continues to bless both the giver and the receiver.

I have enjoyed the benefits of interacting with other forum members on the Firearms forum many times, and always come away feeling as if I came out on the best end of the deals that I've made for the past three years. Also, I will add that, in my dealings with the honest and upright folks on the forum, the processes of buying, selling, trading, etc. have always been smooth and satisfactory transactions.

New members are required by the fair and equitable policies of the Administrators and Super Moderators of this forum to have 50 posts to be able to participate in, and enjoy the benefits of, the Firearms forum.

So come on, guys and gals, jump in on this thread and share remarks or photos of some of your most favorite finds that you've added to your "stuff" from your own dealings on the Firearms forum.

To kick this thread off, I'm posting a photo of my new Taurus PT1911AR .38 Super which is wearing the beautiful, like-new, Pachmayr American Legend Grips that I received in the mail from one of our fine forum members this past Friday! He listed them for sale in the Firearms section, but we talked for a bit and ended up working out a trade that made us both happy. :D:D

Attachments

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Need a lightly-used pocket holster?

One of our members had this Talon pocket holster for sale on the Firearms forum at a very reasonable price just a while back.

(Ruger LCP not included in the deal.);)

Attachments

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the market for a like-new Theis IWB holster for your PT145 MilPro?

How about an awesome High Noon pocket holster for the parka pocket for your .45 during the winter months?

Both of these fine holsters came into my possession through the generosity of one of our thoughtful forum members.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I peruse the Firearms forum often. Unfortunately, Murphy's Law dictates that when there is an incredible deal to be had
(which happens quite a bit in there) I won't have funds available! I also enjoy taking a peek to see what the guys at
TZ Armory have been up to when they post their creations.

I'm glad to see that the Pay It Forward thread has finally been stickied! I think the whole premise of the thread perfectly
represents the neighborly and helpful attitude we have in this online community.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
215 Posts
I enjoy looking at that section never bought anything but I normally check it out daily, just looking for a deal I can't say no to

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I got an extra mag with spacer for my 24/7 and some rail covers for my AR.

Sorry no pictures right now.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Great idea Harry, maybe we can get some new life into the Pay it Forward thread.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Thanks for writing about this Harry. I did not know there was such a thread.

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reminder about this area of the forum Harry.

I probably don't go there often enough.
Well, my friend, you just might be missing out on the "deal of a lifetime":yipee: when you don't scope out the Firearms forum on a daily basis.

For example...I recently bought a couple of "like-new" 10 round magazines for my PT145 for a super-duper price from one of my "TaurusArmed.net-Tradin' Buddies up in Ohio. :)

I peruse the Firearms forum often. Unfortunately, Murphy's Law dictates that when there is an incredible deal to be had
(which happens quite a bit in there) I won't have funds available! I also enjoy taking a peek to see what the guys at
TZ Armory have been up to when they post their creations.

I'm glad to see that the Pay It Forward thread has finally been stickied! I think the whole premise of the thread perfectly
represents the neighborly and helpful attitude we have in this online community.
I was glad to see the Pay It Forward "stickied" too!

Also, it was great that the first one was so successful, that a second one had to be created.:thumb:

I enjoy looking at that section never bought anything but I normally check it out daily, just looking for a deal I can't say no to
I certainly can relate to that!

Here's a little something that I found for sale in our classified section at such a reasonable price that I just knew I couldn't live without it...a really dandy Guru leather pocket holster for my TCP!

Attachments

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the reminder about this area of the forum Harry.

I probably don't go there often enough.
Did ya' miss seeing this spiffy Camillus pocket knife that was listed in the Pay-It-Forward section?

Guess who the proud new owner is? :icon_ lala:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Did ya' miss seeing this spiffy Camillus pocket knife that was listed in the Pay-It-Forward section?

Guess who the proud new owner is? :icon_ lala:
Ohh -that's a beauty!! Bet it feels real nice in your hand! Enjoy it.

I thought I lost my favorite pocket knife yesterday - but found it in my left hand pocket last night! Happy day!

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got an extra mag with spacer for my 24/7 and some rail covers for my AR.

Sorry no pictures right now.
C'mon, Brian...let's see you post some pics of your "finds". :cheerleader3:

Maybe you will encourage some of our new members to check out this particular segment of our forum.

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ohh -that's a beauty!! Bet it feels real nice in your hand! Enjoy it.

I thought I lost my favorite pocket knife yesterday - but found it in my left hand pocket last night! Happy day!
Yep...this treasure has found a new home in my left front pants pocket. :D

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for writing about this Harry. I did not know there was such a thread.
You are most welcome.

I'll give this thread a bump in order to put in front of some of our newcomers.;)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I always heck out the for sale section but I was unaware of the pay it forward area. Love your posts Harry! Very educational!

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another bump to bring this thread to the forefront of the audience of our newest forum members.

·
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A friendly bump for the benefit of any new members who have joined our ranks since 02-24-2016.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts