Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I haven't seen it on DVD as yet. It is on my list!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I just watched it the other day, i liked it... 7.5 out of 10. Movies that rank 8 and up are canidates to be purchased. So i will probably just wait to watch it again when it comes to netflix.

Creek

·
22,034 Posts
I enjoyed it. If you liked "Man on Fire," you'll like this one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I enjoyed it but it was so painfully cliche i wanted to stab myself in the eye. They took the action movie playbook and hit every checkmark.
Ex spec ops dude trying to lay low *check*
stumbles upon a call to action that can't be ignored *check*
eastern european mobsters as bad guys *check*
walks slowly away from explosion with sunglasses on *check*
unrealistic gunplay *check*
etc etc any hollyweird slapd*ck could have done this i think Denzel's talent was wasted on this, unless he is really desperate for dough.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I really liked it!

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I enjoyed it but it was so painfully cliche i wanted to stab myself in the eye. They took the action movie playbook and hit every checkmark.
Ex spec ops dude trying to lay low *check*
stumbles upon a call to action that can't be ignored *check*
eastern european mobsters as bad guys *check*
walks slowly away from explosion with sunglasses on *check*
unrealistic gunplay *check*
etc etc any hollyweird slapd*ck could have done this i think Denzel's talent was wasted on this, unless he is really desperate for dough.
If you were to watch it like you would a documentary, yes it's full of the typical B.S., but if you watched it for it's entertainment value, along with some popcorn and a cold beverage, it's a good movie.
Some people will let a fake baby ruin a whole movie. Not me. Did it entertain me? [check] Good enough.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
I saw the DVD at WallyWorld yesterday but I was in a hurry to get to the "20 Items or Less" aisle. (Should be "or Fewer," but that's another rant...)

I will pick it up next visit. Thanks for the reviews!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Most of Denzel's movies in recent years are all the same.

They really could have been titled Denzel Gets Mad, Denzel Gets Even, Denzel Gets Some Payback, etc....

It's actually too bad. He's actually a pretty good actor at times.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Gonna wait for Netflix.

To me the only Equalizer is the TV show with Edward Woodward. Check out sweet TV intro.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I watched it; & recorded it from Directv pay-per-view. I did enjoy the movie! ;)
And not to hijack the thread, but did anyone watch the movie, Flight, with Denzel?

That too, was a good movie!

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Flight was good. Inside Man​ was better. Jodi Foster as a conniving ****, quote the dialog. (oops! Another Hijack....)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts