Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If they're out by 2011.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was told by Maria at Taurus Int'l that the PT800 series will be shipping at the end of April. If so, I'll be getting a PT809 blued and a PT845 with SS slide. Lets' keep our fingers crossed. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The PT809B is on the list of future purchases. I've been coveting one ever since Taurus released the first picture and details. ;D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
judging from what i seen i have no plans to buy one.. but that does'nt mean i wont down the road or after i get to handle one..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can see myself getting the 809. Still wish they'd make one in 357 SIG though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Was told by Maria at Taurus Int'l that the PT800 series will be shipping at the end of April. If so, I'll be getting a PT809 blued and a PT845 with SS slide. Lets' keep our fingers crossed. :)
NYPD, Did she happen to mention anything about pricing? I was very interested in the 909 but purchased a Steyr instead. But this new semi looks like a potential "gotta have" in 45AP assuming the "gotta have" is in proportion to the "gotta pay".

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rainman said:
NYPD, Did she happen to mention anything about pricing? I was very interested in the 909 but purchased a Steyr instead. But this new semi looks like a potential "gotta have" in 45AP assuming the "gotta have" is in proportion to the "gotta pay".
My dealer has both on his website right now and he's showing prices for the blued 809 at $425 and $435 for the stainless.
He doesn't have them in stock but Taurus has an order number for them and you can expect these to be the ballpark prices.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called Taurus today and was now informed they won't be available until the beginning of June. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, i saw them in the nra magazine and figured that it might be a while before i touch one.

i still havent seen a 24/7c in 45 yet, nore the oss, wonder what will show up first, i would sure like to get my hands on that 845.

my wife actually saw it before it did (in the magazine) she pretty much knows when i find one the checkbook will take another hit...... she admitted defeat before even putting up a fight when i find this one.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
man, that reminds me of the PT1911 stainless story...
I hope they're still planning on offering the PT1911s in other chamberings as well as originally stated. I want one in 9mm. :p

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Several of us have bought from them. I live in KY about 60 miles from them, so I picked mine up. The gun and the service were excellent. If they have the price and the gun I want I would use them again.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I bought both my Taurii from Buds. Prices were better than my area and guns were just as described. I highly reccommend Buds.

·
Registered
190 Posts
thanks for the info guys!!! they have a S&W M&P ar i want to pick up at a killer price, so i guess i will go ahead and pick it up ;)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bob Morrison, President of Taurus International, said on Tom Gresham’s Gun Talk that all three of the pistols were in production now, and that they would be on the shelves in April.

Touting the ease in which these pistols can be field stripped, Morrison said that the 800 series has “the easiest take down on a modern firearm.”

Earlier reports indicated that the 809 pistols would have a 17+1 capacity, however Morrison stated that the 809 would actually have a 19+1 capacity.

The price on these pistols? Try under $500 retail. That is a great deal in anyone’s estimation.

Hmmm....April. I can see that happening since the OSS finally arrived a week ago.
I'm licking my chops as I type. (And praying this is true)

·
Registered
384 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Hmmm....April. I can see that happening since the OSS finally arrived a week ago.
I'm licking my chops as I type. (And praying this is true)
NYPD in AZ, Don't mean to be a sceptic but did Taurus mention April of which year?? Unless I'm mistaken April of 08 is about over and it doesn't appear, that as of this late date, any of these guns have been shipped to dealers. I'm very interested in the .45ACP model when it becomes available but I don't think I'm willing to wait forever. There are a lot of very nice .45 autos out there. Sometimes I think Taurus passes on less than acturate information just to keep people like me from wondering off and getting a different brand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts