Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a target at 10 yrds with my 24/7 pro, 740 slim and my m44. here is the pictures of my groupings with each weapon

First

24/7 pro

pt740 slim

m44 .44 mag 6.5"

Its clear I shoot that m44 better than anything else I have.

·
Registered
612 Posts
wouldn't have anything to do with the 6" barrel...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think its the barrel length that makes me shoot it better, I think its the smooth SA pull.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I don't care what weapon you're shooting, I'd want to be standing far more than 10yards away from you if you're shooting at me!

Good groups regardless of the weapon!

Reactions: Slakev

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I can honestly applaud you for your shooting on all three targets!

A few more shots with the m44 and you'd have obliterated the bull's eye.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want to get good enough with my other guns to where i can shoot them as good as I do the 44. I am using that as my standard right now and anything worse is below standard.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I think it's barrel length making the difference personally. It's amazing what a difference an inch or three of barrel makes when shooting tighter and tighter groups.

740 Slim: 3.20" - nice grouping
24/7 Pro: 4.00" - better grouping
M44: 6.50" - best grouping

Just looking at the targets shows that difference, which is mostly evident in the 740 Slim target. I think no matter what, your aim is still dead on. I would take those results with a 3 inch barrel any day of the week, especially if my life depended on it. Chances are if you were to pull out the .44 Mag, you wouldn't even have to let a round off once they see that hand cannon, they would be too busy wondering why their pants got really warm all of a sudden.

Reactions: Slakev

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I think you should shoot a little more frequently. If it took you ten years to accomplish these targets, think how good you'd be if you shot more often!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Great shooting with both and barrel length does help.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you should shoot a little more frequently. If it took you ten years to accomplish these targets, think how good you'd be if you shot more often!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I have only been shooting hand guns since june of last yr. My first one was my m44. I have owned 3 others. the 24/7, 740 and a XD subcompact.

I usually shoot around 100 rounds a week, this week i have shot 200 .40 and about 130 of the 44 mag.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Look at your subject line for your post.

·
Administrator
40,248 Posts
Nice shooting! I always shot my .44mag. pretty well, and thought the 6 1/2 inch barrel had something to do with it. Whatever it is, you done good! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
OK, now that I've teased you. Very nice shooting!

·
Registered
612 Posts
That smooth SA pull more then likly isnt the only reason for the tight grouping.. Some skill is required too =). The longer barrels dont mean their more accurate just ezier to be accurate with.. Either way thats some fine shooting you got there.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice job, at ten yards any BG would be having a really bad day.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Given my own experience, I think the difference may be more than barrel length.
For instance, I'm much more accurate with my PT845 than with either my PT709 or PT111.
When I had a Ruger Blackhawk, both my son and I were more accurate with .357 than with .38SP.
And when I had a Heritage Rough Rider, we were noth more accurate with the .22WMR than with the .22LR.

Perhaps an added factor is greater respect for the more powerful guns, resulting in a less casual hold.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice shooting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts