Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This what happened to the last ship I served on (Dec. 1989 to Dec. 1991). I made the next to last cruise of the life of this great ship USS AMERICA CV-66. I was the Weapons Department Master Chief.

She was sunk in support of new conventional weapons testing and to determine if the hull structure needed to be improved for the ships of the 21st. century and beyond.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
And she still serves! She provided valuable information in the construction of newer ships, and she will provide a very nice home to millions of undersea creatures who in turn will substane billions of undersea creatures in life.

Reactions: darbo and AOCM.RET

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I know the ship has lived it's life and it will provide valuable info etc. etc. but it is still sad to watch.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
You'll always have your good memories aboard her Master Chief. You, and she, served this nation well. I thank you both. :)

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
This what happened to the last ship I served on (Dec. 1989 to Dec. 1991). I made the next to last cruise of the life of this great ship USS AMERICA CV-66. I was the Weapons Department Master Chief.

She was sunk in support of new conventional weapons testing and to determine if the hull structure needed to be improved for the ships of the 21st. century and beyond.

I was on the last cruise the USS America made I was in VAW-123. So I missed you by one cruise.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Two comments: Too bad they didn't scrap all the metal, and I think I'm now sea sick from all that wave action. Thank you for your service Master Chief.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts