Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week the MSM has highlighted a shooting in Texas. Now there are lots of shootings every day in the US, but in this particular story a mother was leaving a Walmart and someone shot at her car, killing her 7 yr old daughter. That is not why it went national however, because unfortunitely stuff like this is a regular occurance in places like Chicago, etc. There was no known reason why the family would've been shot at, and the suspect was alleged to be a approx 50 yr old white guy with a grey beard and wearing a red hoodie, driving a red pickup truck. Some people, including celibrites and civil rights activists immediently jumped to the conclusion it was racially motivated and talking about hate crime charges. There was even a protest demanding justice for the girl before the suspect was even identified.

https://www.apnews.com/32da15e9caa44ee0a5b41a8bf8e178ce

The rally was held in the parking lot of a Walmart near where the shooting happened on Dec. 30 as Jazmine Barnes and her family drove to a grocery store.

During the rally, people held up balloons and stuffed animals, as well as signs that said “Justice for Jazmine.” Organizers of the rally also led the crowd in chants that repeated the phrases, “What do we want? Justice. Who do we want it for? Jazmine.”
Jazmine’s family believes her death was racially motivated. The girl was black and the alleged shooter is described as a white man in a red truck.
I even read a comment on another site that suggested that a Texas concealed carrier was somehow responsible, because it's not like someone is going to be carrying a gun in their truck illegally or anything when they want to commit murder. :( :sarcasm: One idiot (probably a troll) said the only thing that was missing on the suspect description was a red Trump hat, as if Trump were somehow responsible as well. :(

Anyway a civil rights activist allegedly organized a $100,000 reward for info, and it may have lead to a anon tip, don't know for sure. They now have one suspect in custody and looking for another. The one arrested isn't the trigger puller, but a driver, but he's still involved. The police think the family was a victim of mistaken identity, that the pair intended to shoot someone else for some alleged specific reason. Oh, and the alleged white racist in the pickup truck that was seen racing away from the scene? The police now suspect it was merely an innocent witness to the shooting who was in the area and wanted to get away from the shooting as quickly as possible, in order to also avoid becoming a victim himself. It just shows the dangers of assuming simply based on a news story without waiting for all the facts to come in. :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...rection/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2fefa06f4c22

·
Registered
17,315 Posts
Criticizing and analyzing news events from the safety of a key board
has become the national sport.
Why would I have to witness an event to know exactly who to blame, what happened,
who the victim was and how to prevent it in the future?
Honestly...............silly people..........:p

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Feel free to quote me on this little phrase I use regularly:

"The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions".

That includes the propogandist media, and many other groups.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
Ugh, another web site pushing exercise for the new year!
I get a lot of exercise by pushing myself away from the ol' desktop PC after visiting web sites. It's inevitable.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
I noticed this as well!
whether the family actually saw and believed the evil doer was a white guy or not is hard to determine.
seems a lot of people are so brain washed they immediately go to that conclusion, and I wonder IF possibly they did not see who did the shooting but assumed that the red pickem up truck without 20 inch wheels and blaring radio could only be owned by a WHITE GUY was at fault.
In any case its interesting that all the rallies, lawyers, and political pundits don't call for the same vigor in finding and punishing the real guy that killed the little girl because he appears to be black.
I guess a lot of people haven't heard or read that actually most black killings are by other blacks.
until this is realized then little hope of turning around inner city life in America.
I now return control of your computer over to you.
Been there , Seen that!!!!

Reactions: 230JHP and pegasus

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Well, the BG got caught before the Jesse and Al show could really get rolling. I thought the whole circus was comical, or would have been except for one fact, a 7 year old innocent girl was killed and a mama and daddy grieves. It was on the east side. I try to stay away from the east side. Heck, I stay well away from HOUSTON unless I'm forced to go there. It ain't Chicago, but it's bad enough. That's a major reason I live where I do.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assume you're telling the truth...
Heck, I wouldn't. :) All I said was what was reported, and it was reported by multiples sources every day this week. I can't say I know the "truth" anymore than anyone else, I wasn't there. Sometimes there is "the truth" as in a girl was killed in a shooting and a white man was seen leaving the scene, but not "the whole truth" or as Paul Harvey used to say, the rest of the story. It's almost like the DC sniper and how all the reports suggested someone in a white van was responsible and the police were checking out a lot of people in white vans when the truth was totally different. Only in this particular case it was a white man. Not that it matters to people who want to jump to conclusions because it happens to fit some pre conceived notion or belief, or how that assumption might support a particular agenda. Like for example someone (I can't recall whether he was a celebrity or politician) immediantly said we need gun control after an incident where 4 were killed and several injured. He made the statement without realizing the casualties were due to a car not a gun.

From one of the news linkS:

Various local and federal officials, including Houston Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, attended the rally. Houston-based rappers Paul Wall and Trae tha Truth asked the crowd to reach out to authorities if they have any information on the shooter.

“At the end of the day, Jazmine is ours. She’s my kid. She’s your kid,” Trae tha Truth said. “There’s no excuse. It’s no what I shoulda, what I coulda. At the end of the day it’s simple. We all have to stand up.”
“This is a disgrace to our nation and we want the hate to stop. We want love to rise up,” said Bishop E. L. Usher, the pastor at the church attended by Jazmine’s father.
They're not wrong, but I wish some people would show as much passion and stand up against murder even when the suspect isn't reported to be white.

I noticed this as well!
whether the family actually saw and believed the evil doer was a white guy or not is hard to determine.
seems a lot of people are so brain washed they immediately go to that conclusion, and I wonder IF possibly they did not see who did the shooting but assumed that the red pickem up truck without 20 inch wheels and blaring radio could only be owned by a WHITE GUY was at fault.
In any case its interesting that all the rallies, lawyers, and political pundits don't call for the same vigor in finding and punishing the real guy that killed the little girl because he appears to be black.
I guess a lot of people haven't heard or read that actually most black killings are by other blacks.
until this is realized then little hope of turning around inner city life in America.
I now return control of your computer over to you.
Been there , Seen that!!!!
I can understand how under the circumstances they might've come to that conclusion, when right after the shooting the closest vehicle to them happens to drive off at a high rate of speed. I can also understand why the truck driver drove off at a high rate of speed. It would've been helpful if the truck driver turned himself in and explained what happened, but maybe he's got a reason to avoid the police that has nothing to do with the shooting, IDK. I don't recall them saying they actually saw him shooting. Just because the police were looking for him in connection to the case however, some automatically jump to the conclusion he did it, but why he did it as well.

·
Registered
15,241 Posts
Now let's throw a real monkey wrench into the works. The Driver and possibly shooter were FRIENDS of the mother on facebook. This was reported during radio conversation on WBAP this morning. this now demands the question of whether the mother will be charged in providing false information. Why would the mother fabricate that the shooter was white when able to identify the actual shooter and/or driver as they (again possibly) were her FB friends?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
It's ironic to see how the media are walking back their original stories about the race of the shooter. Now the New York Times is apologizing for the mother and younger daughter misidentifying the shooter:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/science/stress-trauma-eyewitness-events.html

This likely will be the only apology you will see, as there will only be deafening silence from those who were quick to paint it as racially motivated.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I am so very sick of the media jumping to conclusions with little to no facts. Yeah I know, I'm not alone. When they're not jumping to conclusions they're wildly speculating. They spent all day today analyzing the consequences of Trump declaring the border in a state of emergency to get funding. Here's a thought...why not wait to see what he does first. Is there not enough stuff that actually happened for you to screw up? You gotta get out the old crystal ball? Makes me furious!

·
Registered
14,866 Posts
Now let's throw a real monkey wrench into the works. The Driver and possibly shooter were FRIENDS of the mother on facebook. This was reported during radio conversation on WBAP this morning. this now demands the question of whether the mother will be charged in providing false information. Why would the mother fabricate that the shooter was white when able to identify the actual shooter and/or driver as they (again possibly) were her FB friends?
With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Reactions: pegasus

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Going past the obvious possibility of error involved in a dynamic and terrifying situation, beyond the chance of the Facebook report being in error, there is another possible reason for the 'witnesses' to have mistakenly described the shooter as a white guy in a hoodie driving a red pickup truck (sketches were also provided, IIRC) instead of a couple of black guys in a dark Kia.

Bot would there be any reason to expect to hear about charges for filing a false report, or interfering with a police investigation?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
And we still don't really know what happened, and likely won't for several weeks, if ever. As far as the race baiting goes, some members of the black community are so far gone with bigotry I don't think stories like this even matter anymore. Nothing to get upset about, and it won't do any good anyway. If you really want to be outraged, there is a fake hate crimes website listing over 600 of them. I ain't got time and my digestive system can't take it.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going past the obvious possibility of error involved in a dynamic and terrifying situation, beyond the chance of the Facebook report being in error, there is another possible reason for the 'witnesses' to have mistakenly described the shooter as a white guy in a hoodie driving a red pickup truck (sketches were also provided, IIRC) instead of a couple of black guys in a dark Kia.

Bot would there be any reason to expect to hear about charges for filing a false report, or interfering with a police investigation?
IDK about Texas but what little I know about Ohio LE is the allegation that she previously knew the real shooter, even if true, wouldn't be enough to make those charges stick against her. Is there any evidence that she even seen who fired the shots? If she realized that her car was being shot at her first instinct would've likely been to take cover, and not raise her head until after she thinks the shooting has stopped. Then when she looks to see who the shooter might be she sees a pickup truck with a white guy in it close by driving off at a high rate of speed, and in her mind she incorrectly puts 2 and 2 together. (as the old expression goes) Not saying that's what happened, only that it could've happened that way. Even though it's suspicious most LE in Ohio would probably want more evidence or testimony before filing charges. Hopefully the truth will eventually come out.

If the allegations are true what is also suspicious is the alleged drivers statement that it was a case of mistaken identity, that they didn't mean to shoot her or her family but after someone else. In fact that is even more suspicious because they should've been able to see what they were doing, unlike someone in a car unexpectingly getting shot at.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The truth is irrelevant. Remember that young thug in Florida Zimmerman killed? There are MANY people who still believe "hands up, don't shoot." It's about the NARRATIVE, not the truth. The narrative says middle aged white men, especially those in pickup trucks, commit random acts of violence against women and minorities. Massive rioting has taken place over that narrative.

·
Premium Member
5,484 Posts
The truth is irrelevant. Remember that young thug in Florida Zimmerman killed? There are MANY people who still believe "hands up, don't shoot." It's about the NARRATIVE, not the truth. The narrative says middle aged white men, especially those in pickup trucks, commit random acts of violence against women and minorities. Massive rioting has taken place over that narrative.

I think you're on to something. Zimmerman was driving a pickup, wasn't he? Whew! I guess I'm safe. I don't have a pickup.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
You have to understand that's how the media works! Be the first to break a story is our only purpose! We'll sort it out later and maybe tell the truth near the end of our broadcast (where no one is watching).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts