Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the Taurus Curve Commercial on TV 2 times tonight and it is still early. Gives me a little hope that they may be released on time.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Pretty good promo.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just can't get excited over this thing.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
10,898 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm on wait-and-see mode.
pleased to see Taurus in a progressive mode

But: 380 capacity of a revolver. They say 'Bore Axis Sighting' I see a white stripe and a flat top. Is there a recessed groove that acts as a sight? Sure it is intended largely for point-and-shoot...

Not for me but I hope (and do believe) that there IS a market for this and further innovations!
Time will tell. ;)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
35,015 Posts
The only reason I'm not excited TOO much over it is it's a .380. I don't carry the .380 I have now. Haven't even fired it in years. This is why I've never gotten the rather excellent and affordable TCP. It's not that I don't think the .380 will serve one well for self defense, it's just that I can carry comfortably, every day, 24/7, more effective weapons...so I do. :D

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Looks like a warped hockey puck to me...M jus saying...
With lights an laser, you know so it can see the goal and then hit the goal!----:D

Reactions: MOONDAWG and mingaa

·
Super Moderator
35,015 Posts
i would spend the money and have low profile Novaks dovetailed into the slide.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rumor has it they are adding sights to the final release. I have not seen any evidence of it yet.

Reactions: chicagotrauma

·
Super Moderator
35,015 Posts
Rumor has it they are adding sights to the final release. I have not seen any evidence of it yet.
I would consider that a good move. Those Novaks that are on my NAA Black Widow are about as low profile as it gets and they give me a GREAT sight picture. They'd be perfect on the Curve.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Isn't the slide material polymer?
Which would fit right in with my Super Glue theory of fixing everything.------------:D

·
Super Moderator
35,015 Posts
Isn't the slide material polymer?
Which would fit right in with my Super Glue theory of fixing everything.------------:D

Well, I haven't heard that, but I won't say no.

·
22,034 Posts
I don't believe the slide is polymer. The low weight would have to be compensated for by a very heavy recoil spring. If they could even get it to stand up to the abuse.

But I still say this is a clever design. I think they are counting on the laser to be the primary sighting system. I could see TCP style sights on it, but nothing even slightly bigger.

·
Super Moderator
35,015 Posts
I don't believe the slide is polymer. The low weight would have to be compensated for by a very heavy recoil spring. If they could even get it to stand up to the abuse.

But I still say this is a clever design. I think they are counting on the laser to be the primary sighting system. I could see TCP style sights on it, but nothing even slightly bigger.
I put absolutely no faith in electronics, especially if my life depends on it. Besides, they don't show up well in sunlight.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I put absolutely no faith in electronics, especially if my life depends on it. Besides, they don't show up well in sunlight.
Yea, for some reason I didn't picture you carrying a Boom Box on your shoulder!!!------------------;D

Reactions: oso
1 - 20 of 24 Posts