Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I took the family to Kelly's (home cooking and large portions) for dinner tonight. When we were leaving, I noticed a family just sitting down. The father was a officer of the LPD. I did not know him and I may never see him again, but I felt compelled to stop and shake his hand and say only "Thank You". He simply replied "You're welcome". In that moment we understood one another and were truly greatful.

I challenge you all to do something for those in your area that serve.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
#accepted

·
22,322 Posts
The other day in Wal Mart I saw a guy wearing a WWII ball cap. I asked him about it. He piloted landing craft, in both theaters. He said a word or two about the men he took to the beach, and I thanked him for his service. Humbling.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts
Challenge accepted!

Reactions: ISSMER

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
12,088 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Challenge accepted!

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
You're on.

·
8,554 Posts
Great challenge ISSMER! Over the last week I have done similar to three HPD officers who were eating at a couple of greasy spoons the wife and I frequent. At Cue's (a LEO favorite in our neighborhood) we got to share a table with two of Houston's finest - Greg and Sheila who we often run in to at Cue's. They are holding up pretty well - but are very disappointed with both local government and the Washington DC. But both are career officers and plan on putting in 30 before retiring. Now that is a challenge - working 30 years for Houston PD and all that goes with that - is very impressive. I bought them desert and thanked both for their service and for being so friendly. So get out there TA friends and spread the love.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Wow- I think this is a great idea, showing support for our LEO'S. I'll have to figure out something to do. More than ever, I want them to know they are appreciated.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you silverstring.

All,

Please continue to share your stories. You all are a creative bunch and I may want to "heavily borrow" your ideas.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I was in a QT the other day getting a quick breakfast (Donuts) and there was a Sheriff's Deputy looking at the donut case. I said to him, "You know someone is going to make a joke of this." He said he rarely eats donuts and tries not to be in uniform when he does.

I shook his hand and thanked him for his service.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Anonymously paying for a meal, or other purchase, will go a long way in expressing thanks and support.

Been there done that twice at The Waffle House. As tight and as packed as those places can be...you can still sit right beside a sheriff's deputy and pay for his meal completely anonymously.

Did it once by myself, another time, did it with my son.

Reactions: btleslie and ISSMER

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was reading this thread today

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/132558-dear-officer-i-see-you.html

It gave me a number of ideas:

- make a card to hand out. On one side the text "we see" and on the other side a picture of your family.

- make "we see" sign and stand outside the police station at shift change with your family.

- make a "we see" sticker and put it in your vehicle window

1 - 16 of 16 Posts