Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the tracking number for Raging Bull 454 Casull. Should arrive tomorrow sometime. :mad:Too bad I won't be home till Friday to pick it up.:mad:

Planning on some range time on Sunday:shooter: weather permitting. Right now it's 1 degree outside temps below zero tonight, we are looking at -15 to -20:shocked: for the next couple of nights. Weekend is looking promising though.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the Bull is here. I have seen it, I have fondled it, and I won't be testing it out this weekend. Back ground check came back DELAYED. Can you say totally bummed out.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Well the Bull is here. I have seen it, I have fondled it, and I won't be testing it out this weekend. Back ground check came back DELAYED. Can you say totally bummed out.
At least you got to fondle your Bull!!! Here in Maryland the nrmal 7 day wait is taking 3 weeks!! DH and I are fotunate 'cause our ffl is our range we belong to and they let us shoot our firearms while waiting for our paperwork to come back -but 3weeks is a long time and I'm hesitant to shoot my new to me Taurus model 66 revolver too much until I can take it home to clean it. It's 6", blue, 23 years old with wood grips - I'll post a picture as soon as I get to bring it home, and it's just as accurate as my Colt SAA but didn't cost even half as much -plus I can just dump all the rounds out rather than punch each one out. If the roads are clear early tomorrow morning from tonights snow we're going to go to the range before work!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I feel for you with those temps that is what we have been putting up with for nearly two weeks now! Maybe I could set up a ground deer blind with an ice fishing house heater in it?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the call ------Proceed------ Going to have to wait till Thursday night when I get back home!! Other than that I am a HAPPY MAN!!

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Glad you got the BULL but sorry you're freezing your @$$ off. 72 here in Jacksonville Florida right now. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you got the BULL but sorry you're freezing your @$$ off. 72 here in Jacksonville Florida right now. :)
Actually temps are above freezing right now,:) they are talking almost 60 degrees in Boston tomorrow, probably 50's at home. Actually if I had gotten the Bull on Friday we were suppose to shoot on Sunday. Temperature on Sunday was hovering around 10 degrees. Don't think it would have been much fun and would have been shaking so much probably would have had a hard time hitting anything but the ground.:p

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the Bull is home. Picked it up Thursday night. Took it to the range yesterday, very pleased. The only thing I wish for is a fiber optic front sight. I think I might try some acrylic paint before I try modifying a HiViz for the S&W 617.

Forgot to take some pictures will try to remember this weekend

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well finally got some time to sit down. Been busy cleaning after this last storm. Couple of feet of snow got dumped on us up here. Got a chance to shoot the Bull last weekend. What a blast. Shooting 300gr hollow point accuracy is dead on. Just loving it to death. Here is a picture of the Bull and figured I would throwin a shot of the Twins too.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got a Bull myself but no 1911's. Always wanted one but have not gotten ahold of one yet.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your Raging Bull, I just acquired two myself although they're in .44 Magnum and .480 Ruger.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Ohhh - like the Bull picture!!! Happy Shooting! Got ammo???;)

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Now if anyone says "you're full of bull", you can smile and say "why yes I am!"

Just to torture you guys with long waiting periods... I fondled one on Wednesday and left with it instantly. Face to face,cash and carry!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now if anyone says "you're full of bull", you can smile and say "why yes I am!"

Just to torture you guys with long waiting periods... I fondled one on Wednesday and left with it instantly. Face to face,cash and carry!

Oh you are a mean, evil man!!!!:shooter:After having to wait two business, four actual day I can officially say it sucks!!! If I lived in a State that had a mandatory waiting period I would just accept it, buuuuuut to be delayed by the NICS is a different story all together. The things that run thru you head are amazing. :eek:

After the Bull delay I have completed two other purchases and was there when one of the background checks was in progress. It seems that I have some sort of FLAG that requires the call to be transferred to the FBI, who has more access. That transfer and subsequent check took all of an extra minute. So in the case of the Bull either someone at the FBI din't feel like doing anymore work that night or they person that answered at the FBI didn't have authorization to go deeper. Any way it is behind me and I have a little better idea how the whole thing works. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts