Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
I personally like my Ruger LCP. Small compact with no rough edges to snag. I have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and carry with no problem at all when iwb or owb doesn't work. I can even carry it in the pocket of my gym shorts.

I haven't put my hand and on a spectrum yet to compare size but it's even more rounded.

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
My Kel-Tec P3AT works for me. I've owned it for several years. Don't carry it that much, but I take it with me when I go shooting, just to be sure it still functions properly. It's been 100% reliable. You can hide it, and probably all the others just about anywhere.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Experienced snub revolver.

Modern snub revolver.

Modern pocket pistol.

Experienced pocket pistol.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I personally like my Ruger LCP. Small compact with no rough edges to snag. I have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and carry with no problem at all when iwb or owb doesn't work. I can even carry it in the pocket of my gym shorts.

I haven't put my hand and on a spectrum yet to compare size but it's even more rounded.
Only difference is I use a DeSantis pocket holster

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I have a Ruger LCP-II that is excellent. Very similar to the Taurus 738 TCP, but more reliable.
It's a good pocket pistol with a Sticky holster, or I can wear it in an ankle holster.
My primary carry weapon is my Taurus PT-111 G2.
I carry the LCP-II if I want a backup; or it is my primary if I'm dressed for hot weather in shorts and a T-shirt.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Of the weapons I own:

For a 9mm, Kimber Micro 9. For a smaller frame individual, it's a bit of a pocketful, but manageable.

For a 380, Ruger LCP II. Nothing else compares, IMHO.

For Summertime in Florida, NAA Sidewinder in .22 mag. Actually, for most of the year in Florida. Small, ultra reliable, and LOUD!. It would scare me into compliance!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Ruger LC9s or EC9s. Either will do for me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Walther PPK/S - .380 ACP

Yep, it's rather big and heavy for a .380, but it still fits nicely in my pockets and doesn't weigh me down. I've considered replacing it with something smaller, lighter, or more powerful, but I just can't seem to find a suitable replacement, and besides, it has worked for me just fine so far, so I just can't see spendinging hundreds of dollars to fix an otherwise non-existent problem.

That being said, if I were going to replace it and had the money to do so, then I would choose the SIG P239 in .40 S&W. Because if I need more than a .380, then I probably need more than a 9mm.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Best Pocket Pistol . . .?

One you’re comfortable with and that’ll fit in yer pocket!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I don't pocket carry very often but if I do I carry a Kahr CW 380. It seems to be a bit smaller than most, does have a long trigger pull like most but does have real sights.

·
Registered
17,416 Posts
The best pocket pistol is the one you can shoot the best.
I don't care how easy it is to hide, if you can't shoot it......................
I had an LCP. It hid so well even I couldn't find it.
But I couldn't shoot it. It would pinch the pad on my trigger finger
and I couldn't find a way to shoot it comfortably.
I sold it and got a SIg P238. Not much bigger and it's 18,435 times the
gun the LCP is. Much more accurate, much more comfortable to shoot
and it still drops into a pocket.
The above is just my experiences and not intended to call LCP owners troglodytes.
We all have different tastes and requirements.
However..................:p

1 - 20 of 109 Posts