Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOURCE: World beer map shows every country's most popular brew | Daily Mail Online

The beer that brings us most cheer: Map shows each nation's most popular brew
  • Bud Light is most popular beer in US, while Budweiser is tops in Canada
  • England prefers Carling over anything else, while Ireland opts for Guinness
  • Australians go for Victoria Bitter while Lion Red is the top dog in New Zealand
  • The most popular beer for each country was determined by its market share

By Evan Bleier For Dailymail.com

Published: 23:19 EST, 16 March 2015 | Updated: 00:22 EST, 17 March 2015

America, this Bud Light's for you.

At least that is what a new map showing every country's most popular beer indicates.

The map was created using everything from research reports to corporate filings and it shows the 'beer brands of the world are as diverse as our planet itself'.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Collectively speaking us Americans have really crappy taste when it comes to beer.
Bud Light is the white bread of beer, with the crust trimmed off.

Obviously a LOT of countries have more discriminating (can I say that?)
palates than America.

As a home brewer, if those Bud Light loving Americans knew how little
it costs to produce that can of, of, of, well, beer, they'd be pretty upset.
As Americans moved to lighter beers, requiring less grain, and hops, the
cost never went down. Anheuser-Busch is making a much cheaper
product with a much higher profit margin.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Bud Light... I'm so disappointed in my country...

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
That Bud Lite Lime Straw-Ber-Ita, or whatever the heck it is, even made the top 20 is shameful. I didn't know anyone bought that stuff.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Wow - that IS a surprise!

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I don't drink beer.
I feel so insignificant now.............

·
Registered
620 Posts
Only beer I drink anymore is Bud light Chelada. Yummmmy!!!.

I have a sensitive stomach and can't really drink beer anymore anyways. I usually stick with vodka tonics, etc.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
That Bud Lite Lime Straw-Ber-Ita, or whatever the heck it is, even made the top 20 is shameful. I didn't know anyone bought that stuff.
I bought one of those, I thought it was flat out nastiness in a can.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
What is sad is PBR made the list.I guess that accounts for all the broke college kids collectively.When I drank the only two I ever drank was #6 and #14.Never cared for heavy beer.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Only beer I drink anymore is Bud light Chelada. Yummmmy!!!.

I have a sensitive stomach and can't really drink beer anymore anyways. I usually stick with vodka tonics, etc.
Chelada es muy delisioso!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
22,294 Posts
I'm really surprised by the Czech Republic; I'd have guessed Budvar. Austria doesn't surprise me; that's spot on, but of course far from their best beer (Ottakring Dunkels, or Kaiser Doppelmalz). Mythos doesn't surprise me; it's good beer. So is Kingfisher. France's pick really surprises me; I think that's a German beer. Of course, that's not too surprising really. Can't make out Germany's pick. Don't care about Italy's; they do beer about as well as they do automotive reliability. Belgium kind of surprises me too, but they make so much excellent beer that even if it's their swill, it's still probably better than the best Italy can produce. Once could substitute Czech in the preceding sentence with no other changes.

Bud Light. The shame.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Collectively speaking us Americans have really crappy taste when it comes to beer.
Not really since Bud Light isn't really beer to begin with! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts