Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with Sekol and her Husband to the range today, finally got to shoot the ugly 605.
Only ran .38 spc through it, and at first I was not impressed at the results, was shooting it at 15 feet.
It did have a little rust in the barrel and a few pits, nothing really bad I just forgot I had not cleaned the barrel out.
Ran a full box of Browning through it, and as it got about 15 rounds in it was getting very good!
Was taking head shots on a standard target, only shooting double action and I was impressed at the accuracy, was not taking my time with shots ether.
Rust is gone now out of the barrel, and this thing is my CCW for the summer, it really did very well!;)
So, in a nutshell, I love my Taurus guns, even pitted and a little bent crane didn't stop it from running like a champ, pretty impressive..............

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's nothing wrong with aittle patena on a gun; it gives it character. My 605 got a rust issue from some kind of solvent that i haf on my hand so i tried rebluing it; tried being the key word here. Came out interesting, but it has grown on me over time. Still use it as one of my daily carries

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
There's nothing wrong with aittle patena on a gun; it gives it character. My 605 got a rust issue from some kind of solvent that i haf on my hand so i tried rebluing it; tried being the key word here. Came out interesting, but it has grown on me over time. Still use it as one of my daily carries

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Looks like some kind of case color hardening.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Went with Sekol and her Husband to the range today, finally got to shoot the ugly 605.
Only ran .38 spc through it, and at first I was not impressed at the results, was shooting it at 15 feet.
It did have a little rust in the barrel and a few pits, nothing really bad I just forgot I had not cleaned the barrel out.
Ran a full box of Browning through it, and as it got about 15 rounds in it was getting very good!
Was taking head shots on a standard target, only shooting double action and I was impressed at the accuracy, was not taking my time with shots ether.
Rust is gone now out of the barrel, and this thing is my CCW for the summer, it really did very well!;)
So, in a nutshell, I love my Taurus guns, even pitted and a little bent crane didn't stop it from running like a champ, pretty impressive..............
So you bought this one used?

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you bought this one used?
Yes, was kept in a gentleman's RV from Florida, RV destroyed during the last hurricane and the gun was inside..............
Just moved here and sold some of the guns he had, this one had a lot of rust and pitting..............

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
well for those of you who like a little--what was it you called it ??---PATINA---here you go!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,075 Posts
We're bordering on politics, folks. Let's stay in bounds and on subject, shall we?

Reactions: loudviking
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.