Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Just bought my first Taurus the other day, a PT1911. It is great. I hunted for weeks and could not find one anywhere. Then last Thursday, I dropped by a local Academy to pick up a Father's Day gift for my dad. When I went by the gun counter, one of the employees was playing with a pisol. I asked him what it was and he said that it was a PT1911. I immediatly said "I'll take it." The look on his face was priceless. The best part: it was the only one they had. He also had no idea when they would get anymore.

I took it out the other day with a few of my friends and the sneers of disgust they wore when looking at it were terrible. I must have heard "Piece of Brazilian crap..." "Should have bought a Kimber..." a hundred times before we started shooting. Two hundred rounds later I was the only one without a jam. Their expensive Kimbers were hanging up every two or three mags. The thing is damn accurate as well. I'm a decent shot, but this gun is clearly more accurate than I could possibly shoot it.

Their attitudes were nothing new. They sneered at my CZ till it outshot and out worked their Berettas and H&Ks. Price tag isn't everything.

Taurus makes a damn fine product.

·
Registered
116 Posts
congrats on your new weapon and on showing them snobs up. Got to love the look on there face when a Taurus out shoots a Kimber. Keep on showing them up bro and rubb it in at that. ;D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Trajan82 said:
I took it out the other day with a few of my friends and the sneers of disgust they wore when looking at it were terrible. I must have heard "Piece of Brazilian crap..." "Should have bought a Kimber..." a hundred times before we started shooting. Two hundred rounds later I was the only one without a jam. Their expensive Kimbers were hanging up every two or three mags. The thing is damn accurate as well. I'm a decent shot, but this gun is clearly more accurate than I could possibly shoot it.

Their attitudes were nothing new. They sneered at my CZ till it outshot and out worked their Berettas and H&Ks. Price tag isn't everything.

Taurus makes a damn fine product.
Hmmm, what would BETTY from Kung Pow have said in this instance?

HMMMM, When you boys are finished kissing your pretty pistols, come over here and I'll kick your asses.

·
Registered
126 Posts
"revenge is a dish best served cold" is a quote that comes to mind.

When that happens I just smile graciously and offer to let them try out my "Brazilian crap". And then smile to myself about the fine pistol I have and the extra $400 in my wallet. (or more accurately; the 2nd gun I have for the same $$, my slush fund doesn't save well)

·
Registered
162 Posts
About a month ago I happened to pass a booth at a gun show that had 3 for under $500 and bought one on a whim. I'd read a little about them, almost all favorable, but really hadn't decided to buy one. The other two disappeared while I was doing the transaction. So far, I've been very pleased with the pistol. I've been able to shoot it accurately since round 1 although I did spend a few rounds getting accustomed to the sights. Shoots reliably so far. The Taurus meets my fairly simple wants in a pistol: reliably feeds, fires and ejects; consistent groups about POA. The biggest problem I seem to have with the pistol is affording the ammo to give "demonstrations." Everyone who has tried mine has liked it. The general consensus has been "keeper."

I'm sure there are "better" 1911's on the market. I have one that goes bang when I pull the trigger and will do 1.5" groups (darned flyer) at 15 yards with the lowest cost ammo I can find with me shooting it. So, tell me what I get for another $600-$800.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used to make a living fixxing broken guns. While I can not say that I have never seen a defective Taurus product, neither can I say that about Kimber, Colt or any of the top dollar brands. Add to that, Taurus offers the best no questions warrentee in the field.
I would have no problem puchasing a Taurus product for duty or defence. I had planned to buy a PT1911 untill I started my current job which issues SIG P226s. I really dislike it and in order to remain proficient with it I shall have to purchase one of them. I would rather have the PT1911 however.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am very proud of my Taurus. My friends all still brag about their Kimbers, but I outshot them and will probably continue to do so on a regular basis.

It was funny, after they could not criticize it for reliability or accuracy, they started in on the "You should buy American, Americans have kids to feed, you should buy from them..." stuff. Hey the people of Brazil have kids to feed as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hand my hands on a 1911 today seem o.k. but the one question came to mind was the slide in the down position seem to have a lot of play compared to a springfield 1911,was wondering if they all are like that.I here that springfield is also made in brazil
I ask the saleman to see another one out of the box and yes it also had the same amount.
I did not see any other faults in the gun,the trigger was crisp and broke in around 4lbs,the sights have to get a taste for them would of like to see 3 dots instead of 2 .
I ask the saleman if he had any returns for warranty repair he stated he had none so far,He also stated the company has a excellent warranty but reading lower on the forum I see some gun owners having problems with taurus warranty issue.I did not care the duel saftey system did not look that great but I an not a lefty.
I did find that dealers here on long island the taurus is spotty on the dealer displays and yet while in N.C. they were all over at gun shows,I may waite and see if they come out with the chrome model before buying one???
Price was $579.00 a little higher then Basss Pro shops at $549.00

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure how much play you saw. Just checked mine and if I pushed hard, there was a minor bit of play. Doesn't seem to affect how bullets go down range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts