1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
I like the parts that say, owners may keep existing weapons and magazines. Sounds like another feel so good thing.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
There should seriously be a limit to how many times a proposition can be made.

Honestly, it's a waste of time and resources having to review the exact same proposition under a different name over and over again.

Can someone please propose a bill to automatically veto any and all future bills proposing assault weapon bans? Maybe then we could stop having to constantly spam the inboxes of congressman and the like everytime some worthless anti-second amendment bureaucrat attempts to capitalize on the latest shooting by proposing another bill such as this it can go straight into the paper shredder where it belongs and these anti-gun crybabies can just move out of the country already.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts

Honestly, it's a waste of time and resources having to review the exact same proposition under a different name over and over again.

Can someone please propose a bill to automatically veto any and all future bills proposing assault weapon bans? Maybe then we could stop having to constantly spam the inboxes of congressman and the like everytime some worthless anti-second amendment bureaucrat attempts to capitalize on the latest shooting by proposing another bill such as this it can go straight into the paper shredder where it belongs and these anti-gun crybabies can just move out of the country already.
It's all for appearances. Form trumps function for these people. Now, Feinstein can crow and cluck about how she tried to do something- even if the 'something' was useless.

They have to strike while emotions are running high since they are relying on emotional knee jerk reactions rather than rational thought. It's an outside shot even now but it's still all they have. There's no way they are going to get it passed in the House or Senate and even if it did pass, Trump's not going to sign it and they don't have the votes to override a veto.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
Follow the money, they are money makers for the ones that propose them.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
It's essentially the 1994 Federal Gun Ban but without the 10 year sunset. This will keep getting brought up until the Repubs go turncoat and vote for it, or a Democratic president and congress can push it through.

Obama wanted this but used his political capital to get Obamacare rammed through. Soon after that he lost his House majority and he never got the chance to do it, thank God. He considers it his biggest personal failure during his 8 years in the White House. A new liberal government won't pass up the opportunity to make this law, forever.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
It's essentially the 1994 Federal Gun Ban but without the 10 year sunset. This will keep getting brought up until the Repubs go turncoat and vote for it, or a Democratic president and congress can push it through.

Obama wanted this but used his political capital to get Obamacare rammed through. Soon after that he lost his House majority and he never got the chance to do it, thank God. He considers it his biggest personal failure during his 8 years in the White House. A new liberal government won't pass up the opportunity to make this law, forever.
And then, they will do what they are doing in California. Registration, new laws applied ex post facto, and then confiscation.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
It's all for appearances. Form trumps function for these people. Now, Feinstein can crow and cluck about how she tried to do something- even if the 'something' was useless.

They have to strike while emotions are running high since they are relying on emotional knee jerk reactions rather than rational thought. It's an outside shot even now but it's still all they have. There's no way they are going to get it passed in the House or Senate and even if it did pass, Trump's not going to sign it and they don't have the votes to override a veto.
I know this all too well, in fact I've said on many occasions that I wish that more people would recognize it as emotional manipulation, call it out, and publically denounce these charlatans for essentially using the bodies of the dead as a soapbox.

Oh well, like you said, it will never pass, and ultimately all their efforts will accomplish is to sell more ARs anyway.

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'm glad I got my AR now. Been toying with the idea of an SBR in either a handgun caliber like 5.7x28 or .22TCM or possibly even .300BLK but if all I ever have is the .223 Wylde I have now I won't be disappointed.

These people are going about it all wrong. There are too many guns out there already that they want to get rid of for any legislation to do any good. What we need to do is get rid of "gun free zones" so these criminals don't have a safe place to do their bidding.

·
Registered
19,534 Posts
:unsure: I'd sure like to be in the yacht business right now.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the parts that say, owners may keep existing weapons and magazines. Sounds like another feel so good thing.
Seems like some double speak in that it bans future sales, yet says that if you own them you can keep them. Then it states further that if you sell or transfer them, that they have to go through a NICS check for the buyer. So which is it? If sales are banned, then it seems that the owner would have to keep them ad infinitum.

Reactions: RustyYoungMan

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Follow the money, they are money makers for the ones that propose them.

Building their war chests for Nov 2018 and beyond...donations have been slack for them. Now they have coffins to stand upon.

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

From what I hear, the Dems got taken to the woodshed after passing that law which is why Barry didn't push to get one passed in his first two years when he had the whole show. There are over 100 million gun owners in the USA and we tend to go to the polls. They want to be sure to keep this story alive until November to get their base out to the polls.

·
Registered
29,829 Posts
I doubt it will pass, the momentum is going in the other direction. Which is counter intuitive but if you look at recent history any time there is an incident by a nut job all it does is drive up prices due to increased demand.

The Brady bunchers know it will never get through, its all part of their campaign process.

·
Registered
554 Posts
No mfg and no importation? So what will our military and SWAT teams use -- squirt guns?

I know DF would never understand that this would create a black-market and some would have them anyway. Isn't she the one who thought if all us good guys LAC turn in our guns the criminals would follow our lead?

Remember these are the brains making decisions about our guns and rights.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I doubt it will pass, the momentum is going in the other direction. Which is counter intuitive but if you look at recent history any time there is an incident by a nut job all it does is drive up prices due to increased demand.

The Brady bunchers know it will never get through, its all part of their campaign process.
Exactly! Raise funds and gin up the base, while standing on the coffins of schoolkids...really despicable in it's own right.

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
29,829 Posts
Exactly! Raise funds and gin up the base, while standing on the coffins of schoolkids...really despicable in it's own right.
It really is terrible how politicians in general use them as political pawns!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts

I'd like to propose a bill to stop the use of the term "assault weapons" from being used again. It's a made up term and should be removed from any documentation going forward. Also the term semi automatic as it relates to describing what someone used by media. If it's not fully automatic, it semi automatic. Example, He used a fully semi automatic rifle???? :eek::D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts