Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,i just got my 2 new 9mm 24/7 pro. they came with 2 keys and a allen wrench.i am pretty sure they are for the sights.my question is i heard the sights are not adjustable but looking at the rear it kinda looks like they would slide fron side to side. is this true?
thanks

·
Administrator
18,087 Posts
Yes. After you loosen the Rear sight, with the allen wrench, it may be drifted from side to side. The front sight amy also be drifted from side to side or removed/replaced with an allen wrench, but it is generally best to keep the Front Sight centered and drift the Rear only. If the allen screw in either sight is too stiff to move, heat them up with a Hair Dryer first, to loosen things up. I just keep both of mine centered. If your Shooting Technique is properly done, the Bullets will go dead center, where they are supposed to go, without messing with the sights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the front sight on my 24/7 adjusts and it was easy to get the allen screw to turn..the back sight is another story.it should break loos after some heat is applied with a hair dryer ;)

·
22,058 Posts
The rear sight came loose with no problem on my 24/7 but after the first tug on the front I knew it would strip before it broke loose. Have not had a chance to try the hair dryer yet..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts