Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I put this on lay-away (the "adoption.")

thumbnail 2.jpg

Rock Island Armory M1911 - A1 TAC II . . . . in 10mm!!! (the tags around it are from another gun.)
I can hardly wait to bring it home!

And for comparison:
Bullet on the left is .40 s&w
Bullet on the right is 10mm . . . . just a wee bit of difference, huh?!

thumbnail 3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,500 Posts
I am eagerly awaiting the range report as I am sure you are also. A 10mm is high on my "to do" list.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I've been wanting one of those for a looong time! Not extremely high on my wish list, but up there. I love the 10mm cartridge, but found that shooting hot loads from my G29 can act as a meat tenderizer on the old meat hooks...a 1911 10mm would be very nice indeed.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Reactions: Bellows1

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice.

Oddly enough, I subconsciously purchased a box of 10mm a couple weeks ago. I don't own a 10mm.
You could send it to me to help take care of my adoptee, or . . . . you could adopt one. You already have some "food!"

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
You guys have a Rural King near you? They've had the GI version of this on sale for near the $400 mark for a while now.

https://www.rkguns.com/rock-island-m1911-a1-gi-standard-10mm-auto-full-size-pistol-51508.html
I have a whole lot of rural around me, but no Rural King.

My local shop has 4 10mm's in stock. A Colt DE, this Rock Island, a Ruger 1911 and a rotary barreled Grand Power. I'm kinda intrigued by the Grand Power and it's double stacked 14 round mag. Gotta do some research.

·
Super Moderator
37,500 Posts
I have a whole lot of rural around me, but no Rural King.

My local shop has 4 10mm's in stock. A Colt DE, this Rock Island, a Ruger 1911 and a rotary barreled Grand Power. I'm kinda intrigued by the Grand Power and it's double stacked 14 round mag. Gotta do some research.

Fourteen + 1 should be up to the job.

Reactions: misPhyr

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Super nice! Is it just me or has there been a huge resurgence in interest in 1cm lately?

·
8,950 Posts
Those are so nice, love RIA 1911's - you will enjoy it for sure.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Very nice.

Oddly enough, I subconsciously purchased a box of 10mm a couple weeks ago. I don't own a 10mm.
I would take this opportunity to mention the Olfarhors ammo depository.
I can store or dispose of that unwanted ammo for a very reasonable charge for you.
I have a couple of the specialized tools reguired for such disposal as well.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
I've been wanting one of those for a looong time! Not extremely high on my wish list, but up there. I love the 10mm cartridge, but found that shooting hot loads from my G29 can act as a meat tenderizer on the old meat hooks...a 1911 10mm would be very nice indeed.
depends lot on ergonomics for the person and the weight of the weapon.
I have a 1911 and a Tanfoglio and neither are beast at all.
actually the Tanfoglio is quite nice to shoot, easily can run 100 rounds through it with no discomfort at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Fourteen + 1 should be up to the job.
yea likely but IF I am not mistaken the EAA Witness has a 15 round clippy thing??
and its not a lot more than 450 bills either, think mine might have been a tad less?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RIA has a double-stack version of mine in 10mm also (16 + 1) but was just a bit over what I could spend.

·
23,058 Posts
Today I put this on lay-away (the "adoption.")

View attachment 412281

Rock Island Armory M1911 - A1 TAC II . . . . in 10mm!!! (the tags around it are from another gun.)
I can hardly wait to bring it home!
Very nice! You're going to love that pistol!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts