Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the PT series from Taurus were DAO,I've heard of DA/SA on these pistols,exactly how does that work?

Administrator
They are single action in operation. They will revert to DA in the event of a misfire. Once fired its back to single action. Actually they are SA/DA not DA/SA.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the trigger work like my 1st generation PT145,if it doesn't then I'm still confused.

Registered
Hey rmeron, I thought the same thing when I bought my 3rd gen SS. But as I found out from Smokewagon, when you release the slide and chamber a round the hammer is cocked and is ready to fire, it's not like a DAO trigger where you have an 8lb pull to engage the hammer and have the pistol fire, the trigger on the 3rd gen's, in the SA mode are rather light, granted you still have to pull them back quite a ways for the pistol to fire, but when you get to that point it's a light pull for the hammer to be released. If you have a misfire, then the pistol will go into the DA mode, meaning when you again squeeze the trigger it will re-cock the hammer and allow the firing pin to re-strike the primer. There are several advantages to this, one being that most misfires will fire after a second strike on the primer, which is an advantage if this were to happen in a gunfight, the other is when practicing, making sure your gun is unloaded and there is no live ammo around, you can use snap caps in a magazine to practice drawing, getting a good sight picture, proper trigger squeeze, and practicing double/triple taps, along with magazine changes. Personally, I was a little disappointed when I actually found out that the pistol could not be put into a DAO mode, but I've learned to live with it, even being left handed, and now use it for my primary carry. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts