Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 24/7 come with a 10 rd mag(my Commie state of NY doesn't trust me with more)?
How does the 24/7 compare with the PT111 and PT145?
Is the grip on the 24/7 compact noticibly longer than the other two?

·
Registered
356 Posts
RE 10 round mag - I believe Taurus has a separate part number for the guns shipping with 10-round mags, so yes, theoretically.
RE How they compare with the PT111/PT145 - as I understand it, the 24/7 differs in having the 'second strike' functionality - if a round fails to go off, the 24/7 reverts to DA mode to allow a restrike of the primer (and according to their research, better than 80% of the time, a second primer strike will allow a round to fire). Also, the 24/7 in the 9mm and 40SW sizes has the 'ribber' grip - I really like that feature; the ribs of the rubber-like grip allow for a positive, a hand-fitting hold.

RE Grip length: not particularly longer than the other two (and by the way, the Taurus web site gives the WRONG dimensions for some of the models; in particular the compact model, which implies that the grip is much longer than it really is.

Other than these differences, everything else will be very similiar.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Third generation Milleniums offer second strike capability, I know, and I think second generation milleniums/pros do as well.

Past those differences, I think the biggest difference is that Milleniums only come in 3.3" barrel varieties, whereas the 24/7 goes all the way up to 5" with the Long Slide and OSS variants. Both series of pistols should be very similar mechanically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.