Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an old friend and we headed out for lunch in Waco today. It was a great lunch and his first time to walk into a Hooters. He seemed to enjoy the food, the company and the scenery very much.

On the way home we stopped off in West, TX to take a gander in the gun case. It was pretty low on inventory, however they did have a couple of single action 22lr revolvers on sale. One of which was a Chiappa in an antique finish as here in this link:
Chiappa Firearms

I asked to take a closer look and for the sale price of $125 it was one heck of a great price. But, in the end I did hold fast and walk away empty handed, that was tough to do.

Maybe I'll find a reason to go back down to West on Friday. They also and a longer barrel version in blue that has both the 22lr and the 22mag cylinders for $199. But, that $125 price point seems overly attractive.

·
Registered
31,905 Posts
It's tough to walk into a Hooters and come out empty handed, but at my age, I do it every time I go there! :(

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,948 Posts
There's always next year. :D

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I haven't been to a Hooters in years. A girl I went to high school with worked there. She would only charge me for my entrée and first beer. Used to spend hours in there.

·
Registered
31,905 Posts
Jon, it's obvious our attention span didn't make it past Hooters! :)

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
There was more after Hooters?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
A Hooters will open about two blocks from me soon. :cool:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
never been to hooters. dont like beer, dont like restaurant wings. if i wanna see hooters, i go to the bar where they display them openly, and they bounce to music.

where the music stinks and they water the drinks;
where you look at their butt and their trap stays shut.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Holy cow, fella's - I read right past the Hooters and focused in on the Chiappa! :D I wonder why???????

One of our favorite little lgs has had one of these in their case that sits there and teases me each time we go in there!

I love SAA and our lgs knows that I love 22's - but they keep steering me away from this little Chaippa and showing me other stuff that they have each time I go in - and of course I cave and get the other stuff - which is more expensive and of course better, but the craving for the little Chiappa has not disappeared!

Has anyone ever shoot one of these? What are they like? Are they fun?

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
I haven't been to a Hooters in years. A girl I went to high school with worked there. She would only charge me for my entrée and first beer. Used to spend hours in there.
Yea, I have done that lots of times myself!
of course I know no one that works there, and I have to pay for everything but still!

·
Registered
36,318 Posts
Just Say NO , Jon!!
we are proud of you, although we do have little faith in your strength.----------------------:r_c:

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy cow, fella's - I read right past the Hooters and focused in on the Chiappa! :D I wonder why???????

One of our favorite little lgs has had one of these in their case that sits there and teases me each time we go in there!

I love SAA and our lgs knows that I love 22's - but they keep steering me away from this little Chaippa and showing me other stuff that they have each time I go in - and of course I cave and get the other stuff - which is more expensive and of course better, but the craving for the little Chiappa has not disappeared!

Has anyone ever shoot one of these? What are they like? Are they fun?
Sekol,
That hi def photo just about made me go jump in my truck, drive down to West and wait until the store opens tomorrow morning. For only $125 that's a bargain, right?

My check at Hooters was more than half of that alone. Plus they have .22lr ammunition in stock......

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just Say NO , Jon!!
we are proud of you, although we do have little faith in your strength.----------------------:r_c:
BOOM, And I get caught up side the head with a nice unexpected roundhouse slap from olfarhors, A friend and supporter of the addicted here on T/A.

I have put my keys up, closed the garage door, taken off my coat (yes, it's a cold day here in TX). I'll take the $125, place it in a envelope and donate it to "Toys for Tots" this coming Nov/Dec. The kids would most likely be more than pleased and surprised come Christmas than what ever joy that little revolver would bring to me. Don't get me wrong, I'll still have a smile on my face.

Thanks for the support olfarhours

·
Registered
31,905 Posts
I wonder who makes that for Chiappa?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts