Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
What is that one gun you always have with you? (please no caliber war, even though it's guaranteed to happen)

For me, it's been my KelTec P32 (yes, I said KelTec P32) because it's the lightest centerfire pistol I can find, and it has 7+1 capacity, only 9.4 oz loaded. Only 2.8 oz for another fully loaded mag. That's 12.2 oz total for 15 shots. In fact, it's so light, many times I have to 'Terry Check' myself to make sure it's still there. Heavier and bigger caliber guns have come and gone on the belt over the years, but that little P32 has always been in the front pocket or on the seat next to me. Seven shots from it would certainly ruin anyones day.

I've wanted a P32 for a long time but kept buying other 32's and now have missed the boat, can't find one anywhere. First it was the NAA Guardian, Beretta 81, Zastava M70(a PoS by the way), then a Tomcat. All for one reason or another I just don't like to carry any of those. As of right now my Bodyguard 380 is always on me, but the P32 will eventually replace it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My S&W Model 442-2 and/or my 340PD (both loaded with .38 Special). I used to carry (and would prefer) one of my 1911’s but my lower back ain’t what it used to be.

·
Registered
G3/TX22
195 Posts
What is that one gun you always have with you? (please no caliber war, even though it's guaranteed to happen)

For me, it's been my KelTec P32 (yes, I said KelTec P32) because it's the lightest centerfire pistol I can find, and it has 7+1 capacity, only 9.4 oz loaded. Only 2.8 oz for another fully loaded mag. That's 12.2 oz total for 15 shots. In fact, it's so light, many times I have to 'Terry Check' myself to make sure it's still there. Heavier and bigger caliber guns have come and gone on the belt over the years, but that little P32 has always been in the front pocket or on the seat next to me. Seven shots from it would certainly ruin anyones day.

View attachment 479006
Never had one but they've always intrigued me. For me, my 'can always have with me' pistol is a Ruger LCP II. Use to be an LCP (both are pictured in the link below) but I found myself liking and shooting the LCP II better. With the extended mag I get an additional round (7+1) and it still gives me 'just' a full grip yet still easily fits in the pocket. And it's surprisingly accurate. I can keep the rounds in the small scoring box on the left or right of a standard target at say 12ish yards. More than acceptable for a pocket pistol.

You guys have me kind of thinking about smaller caliber/lighter/smaller. Lately now that T-Shirt and shorts weather is finally making it's way here I find myself not carrying either of my 9's (G2S or G3C) because it's just "uncomfortable"
This Smallest caliber you'd feel comfortable with thread may be of interest and give you some ideas. :)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
For the last 11years it's been my KelTec PF 9. Everywhere I go, it goes.

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
Registered
14 Posts

View attachment 479006
I switch between a KelTec P32 loaded with Fiocchi 71 gr fmj and a Ruger EC9s loaded with Federal 124 gr HST Standard depending on clothing and circumstances. I have a 10 round and two 7 round mags for the P32 and three 7round mags for the EC9s. Both of these pistols has never failed to feed, fire, and eject any ammo I have ever put through them. The P32 is light enough and small enough to ALWAYS be carryable and un-noticable in any type of clothing or circumstance. Both the .32 Fiocchi and the 9mm HST ammo meets FBI criteria ( 12"-16") of penetration AFTER penetrating 4 layers of clothing.

No gun is worth a damn if it is not carried because it is too big or heavy to carry. I agree with your reasoning 100%.

(y)

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,238 Posts
PT 99 on the 4 o’clock OWB, 2 15 rd mags on the 8 o’clock. Daily! shirt out or not depending on whether I care about slapping the general population in the face with my 2nd amendment rights or not.

I’m REALLY getting tired of all the politically correct crap, and I’m to old to care about being thought of as insensitive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Decisions, decisions.........always have three handy.....and the decision as to which goes along is generally made as I'm going out the door...... S&W .38 SP Mod 10-5 revolver, or the RIA "Baby Rock" 1911A 380, or the Taurus G2C Millennium with extended mag. Living in a rural area of the Deep South, one can't limit themselves 😎

·
32,697 Posts
I carry the Taurus 732 in .32ACP as it fits into pocket holsters well and is fine for carry. I can back that up with either the Taurus PLY-22 or another Taurus732 if need be.

·
22,947 Posts

I've worn it in all kinds of weather, cold or very hot. If it's not this, it's one of my snub nosed revolvers. Least frequently, my TCP.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
90% of the time, it's this. Sig 224 SAS in 40.

3% of the time, it's the Keltec P3at.

The rest of the time it's a G19 or a Kahr CM40.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts