Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is that one gun you always have with you? (please no caliber war, even though it's guaranteed to happen)

For me, it's been my KelTec P32 (yes, I said KelTec P32) because it's the lightest centerfire pistol I can find, and it has 7+1 capacity, only 9.4 oz loaded. Only 2.8 oz for another fully loaded mag. That's 12.2 oz total for 15 shots. In fact, it's so light, many times I have to 'Terry Check' myself to make sure it's still there. Heavier and bigger caliber guns have come and gone on the belt over the years, but that little P32 has always been in the front pocket or on the seat next to me. Seven shots from it would certainly ruin anyones day.

·
Super Moderator
37,245 Posts

This has been my companion for a few months now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You guys have me kind of thinking about smaller caliber/lighter/smaller. Lately now that T-Shirt and shorts weather is finally making it's way here I find myself not carrying either of my 9's (G2S or G3C) because it's just "uncomfortable"

·
Registered
7,162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
NAA ...usually a .22 magnum Black Widow, though sometimes I'll go with my old faithful .22LR. Both guns are in folding grips.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
With the warmer weather coming on, either one of these, but mostly the PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm and PT709 Slim 9mm

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
Registered
24,853 Posts
My PT111 G2 is my constant companion.

·
Registered
17,459 Posts
One of these two....

Taurus PT709 loaded with 147 grain Federal HST and 74 grain Inceptor ARX ammunition which doesn't plug like a hollow point, but tumbles once it strikes a body. 9mm velocity is 1,475 fps in their non +P standard load.

North American Arms mini 22 magnum revolver with folding grip. Fits nicely in my front pocket and easy to conceal. Grip has a built in belt clip, can be opened in about one second and locks open, cylinder has notches to align the ammo where it can't fire.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Sig 365 for about the last year or so, the Sig 238 prior to that for several years.
both are small, light, reliable and accurate in my hands, Nuff said.
238 Rapid Fire-2.JPG

·
Registered
493 Posts
What is that one gun you always have with you? (please no caliber war, even though it's guaranteed to happen)
EDC, all day, everyday, is my Ruger LCRx .38. A recent informed impulse purchase. I've come to like it a lot. It's an interesting design, and better made than my S&W 642 (IMHO&YMMV) . Only downside is the nice Safariland speedloaders don't work with it.

For me, it's been my KelTec P32 (yes, I said KelTec P32) because it's the lightest centerfire pistol I can find, and it has 7+1 capacity, only 9.4 oz loaded. Only 2.8 oz for another fully loaded mag.
I have a loose rule that I don't want to keep a gun if I wouldn't be OK with it being my last gun. My old PF9 didn't give me the warm fuzzines like that, so it went down the road.

This:

View attachment 479009
Five rounds of laser assisted, .357 Freedom.
Got me one of those. That was my first snubbie. I've got that lasergrip on it, too. Best grip I've tried to date.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Most of the time-locally....it will be the Kahr CT-380......or sometimes a Bersa T-380 CC
If I go into town....it will most likely be a Sig 365.
If I go on the road......it will be the 365 on my side and Canik TP-9 either DA or Elite in the door pocket.

·
Registered
32,163 Posts
I keep a truck gun all the time, but the one I carry the most is a Keltec P-3AT in .380, usually in my hip pocket when I work in the yard or garden. Same empty weight as the OP .32 acp, but heavier loaded! The best gun you ever have, is the one you have with you!

Reactions: Doc Holliday

·
Registered
262 Posts
That used to be an easy question to answer - a S&W Model 642 in a pocket holster. Since I've retired, the 642 has gone to my granddaughter along with my Mini-14. Nowadays, I usually carry a Makarov PM or a S&W SD9 with fiber optic sights, usually IWB, but the gun that's always with me, usually in my EDC bag, is a Taurus PT-22 w/2 spare MAGAZINES and 100-200 rounds of ammunition. A modified Henry AR-7 rides under the rear floorboard of my Jeep and is joined by a KelTec SU-16c when we travel.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThirdWatcher
1 - 20 of 35 Posts