Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a real big turkey fan so anytime I can manage to not eat it on Thanksgiving makes it a great day.
Yesterday was:
Duck with an orange sauce
Mushroom risotto
Cornbread casserole
Broccolini with Parmesan
Cranberry something or another (didn't touch, where's the DUCK!)
and
Egg custard pie.

YUM

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful time Tex!

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I wouldn't have any problem trading a big ole platter of turkey for a big ole plate of deer sausage myself.

I guess everybody else really wants turkey, but I could just as easily eat a nice juicy steak that is slightly pink in the middle, a big helping of shrimp fried rice, deer stew, philly steak and cheese sandwich ( you know the ones that are just tender and greasy enough that you could it it with a fork) or fried deer tenderloin.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
While I enjoy eating the bird once or twice a year, I could be just as happy if not more so with a plate full of enchiladas, rice and beans. Oh yea and a big ole honking Thanksgiving Margarita.

Sounds like you had a great meal with family,

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
If there is a bird on the table I might eat a little to be nice, but I will make sure that there is something else (ham usually) to be had.

Good to know there are more anti turkey people out there.

·
Registered
18,844 Posts
We had turkey, mp&g, stuffing, cranberry salad, green bean casserole, corn, baby corn otc, sweet potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs and a veggie plate. It was all really good but I woulda' killed for a big mac.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I like Wild Turkey but prefer Jack Daniels

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
We had turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, collards, mac & cheese, green beans with small whole potatoes, corn casserole, and yeast rolls.

Dessert was pumpkin pie, pineapple cheesecake, chocolate cake, a marsh mellow sweet potato thingy, eclair cake, Boston cream pie, some sort of runny chocolate fudge chunk cake thing with Cool Whip on it, and lemon bars.

Personally, I skip dessert and just get more real food like potatoes and gravy and ham.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
While I enjoy eating the bird once or twice a year, I could be just as happy if not more so with a plate full of enchiladas, rice and beans. Oh yea and a big ole honking Thanksgiving Margarita.

Sounds like you had a great meal with family,
Tonight's dinner will be shredded turkey enchiladas....I look forward to this every year much more than the actual turkey dinner.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
For reasons I do not understand, turkey hunting is not in season right now,

If you can appreciate the taste of wile game, nothing beats wild turkey breast wrapped in bacon.

You have to soak it over night the night before and change the water at least once if not twice>

Dry the breasts off and rub with dry ranch dip seasoning, then wrap in bacon and back at 325 for about 30 minutes or so depending on size.

Bacon Breast 010.jpg

Bacon Breast 015.JPG

Bacon Breast 014.JPG

Edited: Actually, I do understand why turkeys are not in season, but surprised that the wildlife officials got it right.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
The duck with orange sauce sounds soooooo good indeed! My table was full of all the traditional food items one finds on turkey day. By the time we got it all on the table and ready to eat, I had lost my desire to eat any of it, but I did sample a little of each dish. The first time I can remember getting up from the table and not felling stuffed.

Hope all had a great day with family and friends.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
If I can get a good sack or 7lb. gallon of oysters for Thanksgiving I forget the turkey. Now that I no longer live on Galveston Bay my seafood connections are gone but fresh oysters for any cold holiday works for me instead of the traditional fare. For the last year or so I have been cooking a lot of turkeys in my smoker and cook with ground turkey a whole lot. It's 1/2 the price of low fat hamburger and tastes great. My son and I have both lost weight because of it.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mmmmmm, oysters

If I can get a good sack or 7lb. gallon of oysters for Thanksgiving I forget the turkey. Now that I no longer live on Galveston Bay my seafood connections are gone but fresh oysters for any cold holiday works for me instead of the traditional fare. For the last year or so I have been cooking a lot of turkeys in my smoker and cook with ground turkey a whole lot. It's 1/2 the price of low fat hamburger and tastes great. My son and I have both lost weight because of it.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I'm not a real big turkey fan so anytime I can manage to not eat it on Thanksgiving makes it a great day.
Yesterday was:
Duck with an orange sauce
Mushroom risotto
Cornbread casserole
Broccolini with Parmesan
Cranberry something or another (didn't touch, where's the DUCK!)
and
Egg custard pie.

YUM
Sounds like you had a good time in Asia. Let us know next time you go will you:D

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've had the mountain variety before and they're alright battered and fried. I prefer the seafood

Seafood type or mountain variety?

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reactions: Magnum_Gauge
1 - 20 of 33 Posts