Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my wife, Hava, got a bee in her bonnet - we're having Thanksgiving Dinner tonight. Turkey, dressing, potatoes and gravy, cranberry relish, green bean casserole, homemade pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream and pecan praline.
I'm not complaining, mind you - I'm bragging. :D
If she had to go crazy... I can live with this problem.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Thats great, I like to have "Thanksgiving" dinner at least 2 other times a year. It's just too good to have once a year.:D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sounds good, have a good evening.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I like the idea!

Sarge

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sounds good. What time is dinner?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Hope she's making enough for all of us. I'm bringing the wine.

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
For personal reasons we do that to. One is coming up for me. You US vets might want to think about this. In 3 months I came safely home from a war 30 years ago. Long time. Some people didn't make it. It gives me a chance to give thanks to those that didn't. All of us should have a personal Thanksgiving day for whatever reason. A day to remember what you are thankful for. To whom you are thankful. It may be a relative, a teacher, a vet, a cop, a firefighter. Just for giggles, surprise the hell out of them on YOUR Thanksgiving day. Go to the supermarket and buy a cake and take it to a local cop station, fire station. Just drop it off and say "Thank you! Enjoy!" June 11 is my Thanksgiving day!
AND to ALL of the vets out there THANKS!
BTW. I make no difference whether you were in a war zone or not. You still fought! THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
For some reason my wife, Hava, got a bee in her bonnet - we're having Thanksgiving Dinner tonight. Turkey, dressing, potatoes and gravy, cranberry relish, green bean casserole, homemade pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream and pecan praline.
OH and btw...screw the cranberry and pumkin pie....why ruin a good meal?

Reactions: Sarge

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
In the race to be the savviest gourmand on the Forum, you just fell two lengths behind.
Makes no matter to me!
Sarge and I are writing the TA.net cookbook and he agrees with me!
He is a Marine therefore he has my back!

Don't you Sarge...PUHLEEEZE!?

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
MK your wife has a lovely name and a lovely idea! What did she do to deserve you?
Kidding!

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
MK your wife has a lovely name and a lovely idea! What did she do to deserve you?
I can answer that! I can answer that!

Aw... Never mind. Let them both enjoy the day.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Kidding!
I fell in love with Miss Drienk on the first day of her freshman year. I asked her out that night. Oddly enough she agreed to go out with me again. Our second date - I told her I was going to marry her. She looked at me like I was crazy. But whether it's Stockholm Syndrome or perhaps some condition unknown to psychiatric science, she stuck with me. Four years later she changed her name from HavaDrienk to HavaKaw. That was more than 40 years ago.
I never have figured out how such a smart lady fell for me, or how I managed to garner that one bit of brilliance out of such a strange life that I had led up to that time. Changed my life forever.
I don't know if I believe in love at first sight, because love isn't just a state of being - it is a process. It changes and grows.
When we met Hava was young, slender, beautiful. Now - five children and 45 years later, we have both grown heavier, wrinkled, and, well, old. But I still get goosebumps from holding her hand.

I wrote a poem 5 years ago, shortly after Hava started chemotherapy. I can't post it because of PG-13 restriction...
BTW, in case it's not clear, HavaKaw is a nom de guerre. I didn't think it right to breach her privacy, but I want a more personal way to refer to her than "my wife", so now she's Hava on line.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
A person can never have too many Thanksgiving dinners, or for that matter any special dinners since none of us know when we will not get another chance.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I'm not real busy, can I bring somthing? Cider????

Hick with jug.gif

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'll bet you hope that medical science never finds a "cure" for this kind of "craziness" :loco:

YUM! YUM!:clap::drool:

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
And then, you can have Turkey Salad samwiches for a week to boot. Any day you wake up this side of the dirt is one to give thanks.

Anywhere there is a Spring Turkey season is an automatic twice a year Thanksgiving. I am always thankful for indoor plumbing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts