Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone's thanksgiving was filled with happiness and love. Let me tell you all about mine.

We started out going to my moms and everything was good. We then went to her grandmothers where the drama happens every year. This year her mom and uncle got into it. They were yelling at each other for a while things that can't be repeated here. Then the threats started. Next thing I know her uncle is going at her mom and grabs her. Before I even have time to think I have him in a choke hold pulling him off and my brother-in-law is pulling his mom off. I drag him into the other room and don't let go until things calm down.

I was honestly surprised by how instinctively I reacted and I'm glad I didn't have to choke him out. Its scary to think what might have happened had my brother-in-law and I not been there. So let's hear your crazy Thanksgiving stories.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
We did have an incident a few years ago.

My sister in law needed a baby sitter for a few days before Thanksgiving as she worked for head start and still needed to work 3 days while her kids were out of school.

My wife watched my niece during that time. My son happened to have a small fever at the time.

Sister in law didn't care.

Come thanksgiving day, we are all at the mother in law/father in laws house. The sister in laws calls to say she isn't coimg to stay a while, but only to come get some food to take back home for the family to eat. But she wants me and my wife to leave and take our son with us so that she won't be around my son's fever - which is now gone.

So basically, the fever was okay when you needed my wife to do something for you, but even though it is now gone, it's bad because you want to do takeout turkey.My wife just wanted to go home at that point.

I was the guy who blew his top and stood in the front yard proclaiming very loudly to my wife: "Why don't you just tell her to bend over so you can kiss her ass!"

My son then asked me : "What did I do wrong dad?" And nobody wanted to say that it wasn't him, but the sister in lw who was being selfish.

I looked at my son and said( regretibly) : "Nothing son, your "Aunt J" is just being a B***h!"

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Wound up cooking the whole dinner for the family because my wife is a) sick with the flu, and b) injured her right shoulder late in the summer and cannot raise her arm very far without a lot of pain. Good thing I enjoy cooking (which is a bit like reloading for me). :)

Roasted turkey, spiral-cut ham, home-made mashed potatoes, home-made buttermilk biscuits, turkey gravy, etc. My wife wanted to do SOMETHING, so she made the green-bean casserole and the stuffing, which doesn't require heavy lifting, although I had to do the stirring because of her shoulder. We had a great time, nonetheless.

·
Super Moderator
13,808 Posts
My family Thanksgiving story is not crazy, nope, not all all. My apologies, Magnum_Gauge, don't wanna hijack the thread; it just isn't.

After the turkey dinner but before dessert, my son and his wife announced the results of the test: Our grandchild, due next April, is a girl! Her name is Brooklyn (middle name to be decided later).

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
We did have an incident a few years ago.

My sister in law needed a baby sitter for a few days before Thanksgiving as she worked for head start and still needed to work 3 days while her kids were out of school.

My wife watched my niece during that time. My son happened to have a small fever at the time.

Sister in law didn't care.

Come thanksgiving day, we are all at the mother in law/father in laws house. The sister in laws calls to say she isn't coimg to stay a while, but only to come get some food to take back home for the family to eat. But she wants me and my wife to leave and take our son with us so that she won't be around my son's fever - which is now gone.

So basically, the fever was okay when you needed my wife to do something for you, but even though it is now gone, it's bad because you want to do takeout turkey.My wife just wanted to go home at that point.

I was the guy who blew his top and stood in the front yard proclaiming very loudly to my wife: "Why don't you just tell her to bend over so you can kiss her ass!"

My son then asked me : "What did I do wrong dad?" And nobody wanted to say that it wasn't him, but the sister in lw who was being selfish.

I looked at my son and said( regretibly) : "Nothing son, your "Aunt J" is just being a B***h!"
So the sister-in-law was dictating who was going to stay or go in her father's house? Weird.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
So crazy runs in the family.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My family Thanksgiving story is not crazy, nope, not all all. My apologies, Magnum_Gauge, don't wanna hijack the thread; it just isn't.

After the turkey dinner but before dessert, my son and his wife announced the results of the test: Our grandchild, due next April, is a girl! Her name is Brooklyn (middle name to be decided later).

Congrats!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
had a great thanksgiving , everyone came to our house had good time left with full bellies , no arguments , everybody got hugs when they left . measured success by two turkeys being totally consumed with no leftovers, one in the oven and one trash can turkey . this is what its all about, had probably 20 people over great time good beer and the lions won their game :)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
When I was a kid my Moms sister and her family came up from southern IL to pounce on us unannounced for Thanksgiving dinner. They would eat and run...no help to clean up offered.

Mom got tired of that after about 5 years and the last time they showed up Mom told them it was $3.00 a plate and a 5$ tip to the cook and dishwasher. Huff, puff and off they went in a cloud of dust and we never saw them at Thanksgiving again. (It doesn't sound like much money now but this was in the late 50s.)

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
had a great thanksgiving , everyone came to our house had good time left with full bellies , no arguments , everybody got hugs when they left . measured success by two turkeys being totally consumed with no leftovers, one in the oven and one trash can turkey . this is what its all about, had probably 20 people over great time good beer and the lions won their game :)
What is wrong with you people?

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Great food, but all 3 teams that I wanted to win, lost.

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge
1 - 20 of 32 Posts