Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a big fan of Rossi since way before the Taurus buy out. They've always been an affordable quality firearm, remarkable quality considering the pricing. I've owned 7 of 'em over the years and still own 3 Rossis, a little M511 .22 kit gun, a M68 3" revolver, and a M92 .357 magnum lever carbine. None of 'em is post Taurus, but that will no doubt change in the future.

There's really no dedicated Rossi forums that I know of and this fits the bill.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
You are very welcome. :) To be honest ... I didn't realize that Rossi was a part of Taurus, or that they were so closely linked.

·
32,481 Posts
Thanks Flyer. Build it and they will come. Know we just need to advertise this fact at the other forums. That is if they do not mind. Here's an example of how things change. Marlin Firearms bought out H&R or as it is now known N.E.F. and is keeping Marlin's marketing seperate from the other company's marketing. Taurus does the same with Rossi.New England Firearms,formally Harrington and Richardson, makes single shot rifles,single shot shotguns and black powder rifles similar to Rossi"s. H&R was almost as old as Smith & Wesson. H&R started out building revolvers to compete with everybody else.There in the same ballpark as far as value goes as Forehand and Wadsworths or Merwin and Hulbert, who also made cheap, but affordable handguns. The Gun Traders Guide says to look at H&R's gun values when a F&W or M&H handguns are being valued for similar models. A lot of the " Identify this gun" questions are actually F&H or M&H handguns. They are not all related to one another however. Just a little side info for anybody interested.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The close relationship of Rossi warrants its own forum here. Probably the only one out there right now.

·
32,481 Posts
There are other places at other forums, but the sites are so remote that even I can't remember them and it wasn't all that long ago either. Looked like it had been months or longer since any one has posted at these places. If at a Semi-auto forum, who is going to post about wheelguns or expect anyone else to. Lack of knowledge by all concerned that the site exists would be another reason for lack of posts. Here that won't be a problem since Taurus has such high volume of wheelgun sales. Not just semi-autos.

·
32,481 Posts
Hey Mat, I see a trip to High Road and Firing Line in our futures to spread the joyous news. I am using the special crystal ball to forsee this. Do not call me the MOMMY SWAMI or I'll have to get rough and work you over where you are ticklish. :) ;D :eek: ::) Sheeesh!

·
Super Moderator
34,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's how I found the place, following a link from the high road bbs.

·
32,481 Posts
Native Texan, Was Weregunner the guy who did the steering you over to this site or somebody else? There were a few of us who posted this place and the old site on a weekly basis to get the word out. Steering? Has to be a Texas beef joke in there somewhere. Guess I'll have to chew on that awhile. ;D :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rossi is a fair company, not high quality, niether is taurus, but MOST low end manufacturers a cheapening things. I mean EVERONE! Not just guns, lawnmowers, furniture etc.. everything. ONLY high end stuff is still quality. But not Rossi or Taurus. Beretta is ALWAYS high Quality, Smith, Sig, and H&K as well, and others

·
Super Moderator
34,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matter of opinion. I've seen Smith and Wesson trashed a lot, the hole in the frame being the biggest deal. I've also seen their QC trashed. Here's a link .... http://www.chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm

Biggest POS I ever bought, and I knew it had problems, but though I could fix it, was a Beretta .22 short. Wouldn't cap a round on the first hit and when it did, wouldn't feed. I made 30 bucks on the deal, got it cheap from a friend and sold it at a gun show to a dealer that only seemed to care about the name on the slide.

Yeah, "quality" seems to be more a matter of opinion. All I really know is I have three really well made and functional Taurus revolvers. I have a Taurus M66 4" nickeled gun that shoots better than the M19 I had and has every bit as slick an action. It's tight, times perfectly, shoots tiny little 1" clusters at 25 yards from a rest. That's all I really care about. I don't care at all about brand pissing matches. I've owned and still own various brands of handguns and long gun and will continue to buy what I fancy. I have more Rugers than anything else and they're very high quality, too. Rugers get bashed a lot, too, but it's hard to deny their quality. You should see some of the moronic comments, though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have owned a Rossi 88 for so long I can't even remember when I bought it. It has always performed well with no problems. I decided to buy a 462 based on my experience with the 38. I was right and it is still a great gun at a small price. So, lets see why so cheap? Was it built on a fly by night company? No,they have been building guns since the 1880s. Inferior steel? NO, not at all. Cheaper labor cost? Bingo! These guns arethe same as other foreign products like cars. We may be seeing the end of American cars and guns, thank you greedy unions and stupid management that lets them drive up prices. Before you attack me as anti union you need to know I belong to one, too and I know I have little to say about the way it is run. If you belong to one I bet you don't have much to say about yours either. If they kill the goose that lays the golden egg you get maybe one good meal and then you starve. I'll just enjoy my Rossi revolvers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts