Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BigSkiff, Just wanted to thank you for the read on your Taurus tour. 1st thing did they let you test fire anything? It sounds like the new CEO is listening. You can definitly tell if a worker is uncomforable around the CEO or not. Cant wait to hear more.

·
Administrator
35,443 Posts
I think this report kinda shatters the old mind illusion that Taurus employees are sitting around making guns on a dirt floor with hacksaws and hammers. This looks like a top notch, controlled environment workplace that is set up to turn out some really nice guns.

I'm hoping that the new CEO takes seriously the need for improved quality control, customer service, and customer relations. I think this is what could make them turn the corner.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I love my Taurus firearms and can't wait for more.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Anyone ask them about email?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I didn't know they were making anything stateside. All the Taurus guns I see still have Brazil on the side. Is there a list of what they make here?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I'm jealous. :hail:

Looking forward to the complete report. Did a compact 1911 come up in the conversation?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Impressed! Can I volunteer to tour the Brazil plant?;)

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Hey ya'll, I didn't do this all on my own Airwrench worked just as hard on this as I did! We both appreciates the comments!

Reactions: Shinsou

·
10,379 Posts
Very impressive. I don't think I've ever seen a shop so clean (especially a machine shop!). Nice to see how things work down there. Wish I had their ammo fund

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I didn't know they were making anything stateside. All the Taurus guns I see still have Brazil on the side. Is there a list of what they make here?
The BATFE has a minimum size requirement for imported firearms. This is the reason Taurus is manufacturing the small pistols stateside.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I too wanted to thank you BigSkiff! Great read. Lucky to have a knowledgeable resource like you willing to share with us!

·
Registered
32,029 Posts
Airwrench has a very flattering Avatar!

·
32,585 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,012 Posts
Many thanks again to BOTH of you!

Question: Did you pick up 23,218 t-shirts?

Reactions: Harrychl
1 - 20 of 37 Posts