Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11.40 this morning the postman brought his daily delivery and amongst it all was my February edition of the NRA's SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED. Yeah..!! And, if that's not joy enough, there on pages 70-71 is a nice review of the Taurus PT1911 Commander. Yeah, again.

Just for once I am now orbiting the planet at the same speed as the rest of you guys. Just for once I feel like I'm truly up to date with my reading material. You just got to love the NRA. Must check to see when my subs are due. They really surprised me when I joined, about three weeks after I got my 'card' a package arrived at the house. On opening it I found a nice sized nylon/cordura range bag handsomely bearing the NRA logo on the side. The cost of sending that to me must have equalled the sale cost of the bag..!! But well done NRA.

Right, eyes down for a good read this afternoon.

·
Registered
18,505 Posts
I like the mag but I was a bit disappointed...:sad:...no centerfold gun.

Reactions: william

·
Super Moderator
13,794 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,794 Posts
What's your best guess, Tom: how long until Great Britain bans gun magazines (the paper & print kind, not the spring-loaded cartridge containers)? Or, is there any hope now that Brexit is accomplished, that things might change?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,840 Posts
I like the mag but I was a bit disappointed...:sad:...no centerfold gun.
You can’t fool us!

We know you only buy it for the articles.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What's your best guess, Tom: how long until Great Britain bans gun magazines (the paper & print kind, not the spring-loaded cartridge containers)? Or, is there any hope now that Brexit is accomplished, that things might change?
Oh I can't see it happening at all. Freedom of speech, press etc. This is an example of what we have here..

https://www.gunmart.net/ This is monthly

https://www.shootingtimes.com/ This is weekly

You'll see very quickly what's missing..!! In the main they concentrate on game shooting - lots of shotgun stuff. Oh and I dare you to compare our prices with yours.. LOL

It's interesting that they include lots of reviews for handguns people in the UK can't own..!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts