Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad (Vietnam Vet) sent me an email with this pics inside. And in addition to my father I want to thank all military we have here, for their service.

This one choked me up a little

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
That young boy in the picture is standing tall & very strong.
God bless him.
And, it was an honor to serve!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks to all who have served this great country! I come from a Military family where we have served our country since I can remember. Grandfather, Father, Uncles, Aunts, sister, and myself.

·
Registered
889 Posts
BIG Thanks to all.

I get to do what I do because THEY (military personel) did what they did!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
locknload said:
And, it was an honor to serve!
+1!! I think about it everyday of my life. It (next to my children) is my proudest achievement. Every single member of all branches of the Military our my family, forever. I extend my thanks and love to them as well.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
You bet....thanks.
I got an email form someone the other day- this was at the bottom:

"A veteran, whether active duty or guard or reserve, is someone who, at one part in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount up to and including their life."

I think that just about says it-
bro john

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Thanks to all who serve our country, past, present, and future!

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
My thanks to all vets of all branches of service, and to my son who served.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thank you, I enjoyed almost all of my 30+ years of active service. I was fortunate to be in 2 of our armed forces. I am looking forward to thanking my son in person next month when he returns from his second (and hopefully last) combat tour in Iraq.

Will

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will pray for your son's safe return Will. And once again thank you to all that have served regardless of branch.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Several members of me and my family served in the British armed forces and presently me and the misses has a nephew here serving in the marines. He has 2 tours of Iraq under his belt now and we have just heard that he has volunteered for something else that he isnt saying anything about just yet, so yes our thoughts and prayers go out to ALL the armed forces protecting ALL free citizens everywhere.

·
Registered
90 Posts
To all the Vets and those who have done there time welcome home. The best days I had were in the US Navy working with some of the best in the world. Seen things that what make other sick to see how others lived in parts of the world. keep the ones who are standing the watch now so you are safe

·
Registered
279 Posts
thanks to all those who served before me, inspired me to serve now, and will be serving after my time is over.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
mavmech13 said:
My dad (Vietnam Vet) sent me an email with this pics inside. And in addition to my father I want to thank all military we have here, for their service.

This one choked me up a little
It choked me up a bit as well.

I'm a retired Marine Officer... after 20 years..... and the Navy forced me to medically retire.. I fought it... but I lost....

With that said....... I was also on an I&I Staff... and Marines here will know what that is........ I did many funerals..... I presented many flags....... and I have shed more tears than I ever want to do again... with someone just like this child.

God Bless this Child. God bless all the children of those who serve.... if you are serving now.. and you are reading this message.. I have been in your shoes.. and I say GOD BLESS YOU... and I pray for you each and every night... there are some that appreciate what you do. THANK YOU

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I have lost alot of tears over this photo......... I have submitted it for a pulitzer... I suggest you look deeply at the photo.... and let your heart respond.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts